Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Biblical description of the Promised Land says "from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates River" (the word river appears twice in close succession like that in the text). The river of Egypt is generally taken to mean the Nile. Of course, historically there were other rivers of Egypt, further east, about as far as the modern Suez Canal.

That said, I have literally never seen a "Greater Israel" that wasn't antisemitic propaganda.
My thoughts are more that the thing he quoted didn’t involve the Nile, with the angles of the border going through Kuwait and Egypt being exactly the same as some of the google searches for Greater Israel. Your quote would fulfill it this map description a bit better.

That all being said @Cattette , it looks gorgeous, though many of the borders in Arabia seem to fit the modern borders a bit much. In Sinai-Moav, you use the original southern borders of Jordan? Winston’s hiccup I think it was called? Always a fun thing to see. I see one of the islands off Kuwait has the same outline color that Israel has. Were you intending them to have the island as well?
vR7iEgL.png

happy 4th of july, here's a scenario of the tail end of a pseudo-civil war over a more radical desegregation and more radical segregationists.
I take it Kentucky had a lot of problems but the army cleared them out? Otherwise they would probably be pretty miffed they had to be under occupation status. I see a lot of people in the media for years to come to talk about its duality of being the homie state of both Jefferson Davis and Abraham Lincoln.
revolution_of_primorsky_krai_by_myygz_de0nv4t-fullview.jpg

Inspired by the plan proposed by Chinese ultranationalists:
Q: "How to recover the Primorsky Krai where there're too many Russians?"
A: "Encourage 100 million Chinese to immigrate to Primorsky then stage a revolt like what Republic of Texas did in 1836"
This country was preceded by Primorsky Krai of Russian People's Tsardom (Tsarina of All Russia: Catherine III), and succeeded by Binhai Russian Autonomous Region(BRAR) and province of Jilin and Heilongjiang.
Outer Dongbei means the region so-called Outer Manchuria, but actually she only controlled Primorsky Krai and changes "Vladivostok" to its original Chinese name "海参崴"(Hǎi shēn wǎi ). The Eastern Military District of Russia invaded Outer Dongbei P.R. and sieged Vladivostok which triggered Sino-Russian War and Third World War. Although PLA controlled small part of Jewish Autonomous Oblast, the nuclear war burnt all. Nobody won this war finally.
Hmmm. Now I am thinking of a coat of arms with the a six pointed star in that fashion. I am surprised the JAO isn’t connected to the rest of Donnie, if only for convenience sake. I imagine railroads going through that oblast would have headed the long way, rather than through Manchuria. I cannot say it with any certainty, though.

My thoughts are more that the thing he quoted didn’t involve the Nile, with the angles of the border going through Kuwait and Egypt being exactly the same as some of the google searches for Greater Israel. Your quote would fulfill it this map description a bit better.

That all being said @Cattette , it looks gorgeous, though many of the borders in Arabia seem to fit the modern borders a bit much. In Sinai-Moav, you use the original southern borders of Jordan? Winston’s hiccup I think it was called? Always a fun thing to see. I see one of the islands off Kuwait has the same outline color that Israel has. Were you intending them to have the island as well?

I take it Kentucky had a lot of problems but the army cleared them out? Otherwise they would probably be pretty miffed they had to be under occupation status. I see a lot of people in the media for years to come to talk about its duality of being the homie state of both Jefferson Davis and Abraham Lincoln.

Hmmm. Now I am thinking of a coat of arms with the a six pointed star in that fashion. I am surprised the JAO isn’t connected to the rest of Donnie, if only for convenience sake. I imagine railroads going through that oblast would have headed the long way, rather than through Manchuria. I cannot say it with any certainty, though.

OTL the reasons for the Jordan/KSA border are for Aqaba to be in Jordan, for Jordan to border Iraq, andfor Qurayyat to be in KSA. There's also some respect for natural land forms (the reason for the "indentation" on what seems like it should be a straight line along Jordan's southeast).

The border originally lacked Winston's Hiccup, with a straight line along the whole eastern border, but it was adjust to put Qurayyat in KSA.

I doubt such factors would be at play here, but who's to say?

I get the feeling this is tangentially related to the "first" trend where people feel some kind of validation for being the first to post in a new thread. Everyone seems to have jumped the gun for whatever reason. Which is a shame, because this thread is now unlikely to ever actually finish.
Don't forget, people want to be the one to actually post the new thread as well.

de0o2uu-6aeab2c2-eedb-4cce-820c-ea8bf82e1253.png

“Every place where you set foot shall be yours: from the wilderness and the Lebanon, from the Euphrates River to the Western Sea, shall be your territory. ”
-Deuteronomy 11:24

While the people of the Ancient world have all but vanished, the Jews still stand as a proud people with a 4 000 year history. Being subjugated by the Babylonians, Egyptians, Persians and the Romans. Though with their homeland conquered and ravaged, the Jews fought on slavery and oppression in Christian, Islamic and Pagan societies to eventually reclaim what they once lost.

---

DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

@Cattette I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days/weeks/months/years we found this on Arab/leftist/rightwing/whatever website. I remember seeing one similiar in a pro-Syrian Ba'ath instagram page THAT was from this website. I don't know if they see that there wouldn't be any rational logic by annexing so much land : try to justify that besides the United States. For Israelis with a brain (rightwing,centrist leftist doesn't matter) even annexing the West Bank is a political suicide.

@Cattette I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days/weeks/months/years we found this on Arab/leftist/rightwing/whatever website. I remember seeing one similiar in a pro-Syrian Ba'ath instagram page THAT was from this website. I don't know if they see that there wouldn't be any rational logic by annexing so much land : try to justify that besides the United States. For Israelis with a brain (rightwing,centrist leftist doesn't matter) even annexing the West Bank is a political suicide.
It's not neccessarily realistic; it's the biblical definition for Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.