Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

aeijYxC.png

North America in 1900
The three states that take up the vast majority of the continent are the United States of America, Republic of Louisiana, and the Republic of New Spain (colloquially called Mexico, even in some official documents).

Questions? Critiques?

The 49th parallel border is pretty anachronistic.

Otherwise, very nice map. I've always liked the aesthetic of the United States with a border on the Mississippi.

My own 'Red America, White Russia' map series. If I'd known Beedok was going to update her series, I wouldn't have bothered!

1919:

The POD is back in 1912, when Teddy manages to become Republican nominee and beat Wilson. He takes the US into WW1 early, and enacts even more restrictive legislation on hyphenated Americans and perceived radicals. He loses in 1916 to a peace Democrat, who just so happens to be Henry Ford. Things get even worse and spiral out of control. Revolution breaks out in America and by the time of the map, the 'Blues' are on the run and crumbling before the Reds. A government in exile has established itself in Panama City, and retains control of much of the Navy which ties together the other protectorates and territories with foreign help.

The Second American Revolution motivated the Entente to do more in Russia and have helped to install a strongman military dictator to set things in order. China is collapsing and Japan has designs on the Pacific.

Europe is hammering out the new world order at Versailles, tomorrow is yet to come.

View attachment 277993

Are there more to come? Looks like a good start and is interesting to contrast to Beedoks' own work (the Entente winning the first world war should have interesting ripples)

Beedok, as everyone else has said, this series is mucho danko. So how are the Souix gonna fair for secession? And, honestly, which government would probably prove the better? The Junta, or the Party? and would Ireland just sit there and remain commie?

Thanks.

The Sioux are a little too surrounded by the States to break away and lack the population to be viable. They're mostly just trying to keep their heads down while the fighting happens.

The Junta promises democracy, but is also a Junta. The Party promises stability and improved civil rights, but has a spotty track record. Most people think the Junta is a better choice, but there's enough true believers in Marxism to keep the Party's faction going. The rest of the world is trying to negotiate a truce.

Ireland, Iceland, and Brittany all have questionable futures. Along with the South East Asian communists. Both groups are highly militarised USSA puppets for which even the ruling class isn't sure what to do with autonomy.

The English speakers are grouped with the Boers while the Ndebele with the Northern Sotho.

Why?

If you are going to put the English-speakers with Boers then rename it 'white' areas.

And why would the Ndebele want to be with the Northern Sotho? They don't have that much in common culturally, and the Ndebele are Nguni, makes far more sense to put them with the Swazis or the Zulus.

And where are the poor Indians?

He wasn't forced to change his map...

No one held a gun to his head and said "change this!"

And people don't aggressively pick apart everything. He posted a scenario and people brought up issues with it. Some aspects he defended, whilst others he changed.

Keep in mind, I never force or really suggest people make changes to maps. It was mostly honest confusion, as if Northern Ireland was not brought along then it would not have autonomous status, as there would be no people left there.

Yeah, as much as I didn't want to change things, they did help improve the map in the long run. Moving the states out of the Nevada desert allowed more freedom to have them expand outward. And, as much as I didn't like changing it, uniting Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, and the Isle of Mann into the UK does makes their expansion into the rest of the world easier. I will admit that I didn't explain everything very well.

Feedback to make improvements is always good when done in a constructive manner.

I of course receive little of it because my maps are always perfect.:openedeyewink:

Ryan

Donor
My own 'Red America, White Russia' map series. If I'd known Beedok was going to update her series, I wouldn't have bothered!

1919:

The POD is back in 1912, when Teddy manages to become Republican nominee and beat Wilson. He takes the US into WW1 early, and enacts even more restrictive legislation on hyphenated Americans and perceived radicals. He loses in 1916 to a peace Democrat, who just so happens to be Henry Ford. Things get even worse and spiral out of control. Revolution breaks out in America and by the time of the map, the 'Blues' are on the run and crumbling before the Reds. A government in exile has established itself in Panama City, and retains control of much of the Navy which ties together the other protectorates and territories with foreign help.

The Second American Revolution motivated the Entente to do more in Russia and have helped to install a strongman military dictator to set things in order. China is collapsing and Japan has designs on the Pacific.

Europe is hammering out the new world order at Versailles, tomorrow is yet to come.

View attachment 277993

interesting, looking forward to more :)

does Russia feel betrayed by the entente for having lost territory?

also are the internal borders of Russia the historic ones of the Russian republic? because I've only ever seen them on the otl 1918 map.

Here's another WIP of mine, an improved ancestry map of Massachusetts (going down to census tracts):
of3aAXN.png

So far, I've put in at least 5 hours of work into this... :biggrin:

The First step of a project of mine:

The Minor Nations of the Ethnic Republics of America:

A. Republic of the Gold Mountain (San Francisco)

B. Republic of New Cuba (Miami-Dade County)

C. New Małopolska (Luzerne County, PA)

D. Dominican Republic of New York (New York County)

E. Hawaiian Refuge (Kalawao County)

F. Puerto Rico-in-America (Osceola and Bronx Counties)

G. Lusitanian Republic of Narragansett (Bristol Counties)

H. Hawaii Province, Philippines (Kauai and Maui Counties)

I. The Japanese Prefecture of Hawaii (Hawaii and Honolulu Counties)

Minors.png

Devanagari ISOT World- थ (similar but not the same to the English 'tha'. Try putting your tongue between your teeth, and make an aspirated 'T' sound).
In this world nations whose Hindi name starts with थ have ISOTed to a human-less earth which diverged about four million years ago from our own. There's only one such country, Thailand (थाईलैण्ड- 'Thaaeelaend').

Really nice. Surprised there hasn't been more settlement in Mediterranean Europe, though I guess you'd have to re-do a lot of forestry if the world diverged four million years ago.

---

"People say 'Mugayo, you have become a tyrant.' Nonsense. I don't permit such fools to live."

Well, this has literally been sitting around on my hard drive for two years. It's based on The Black Napoleon, a worlda inspired by Jman's entry for MoF17: May God Have Mercy On My Enemies.

Tl:dr version of the setting - Rhodesian-born Gabonese revolutionary Frederick Abulaid Mugayo kicks out the French in the 1950s and forcibly unites French Equatorial Africa, grabbing Equatorial Guinea, Cabinda, and São Tomé and Príncipe into the bargain. The large slab of Libya in the north is the legacy of the very short *Toyota War, which ended with Mugayo nuking Benghazi, Sirte and Derna.

The flag is intended to be a stylised representation of the nation itself - in the middle of the land, between the waters (the Atlantic and Mediterranean oceans), under the sun.

With apologies to Lt. General Epaphras Denga and former President of Namibia Ndaitwah Pohamba, whose white suit, throne and gavel were just too good to pass up:

Central%20African%20Republic_1.png~original

Update: Fixed the biog text so it's distinct from the map text as suggested by Todyo

Last edited:
The 49th parallel border is pretty anachronistic.

Otherwise, very nice map. I've always liked the aesthetic of the United States with a border on the Mississippi.

I thought about that, but I decided that Louisiana and the United States came to that border after a more successful war of 1812 (hence the American Cananda)

Thank you!

^So is he like a more competent version of Bokasa without the blatant insanity?

A little fun map scenario I've been thinking of is a Stalin accepts idea, based off a WI question I asked in the ASB forum; i.e. what if Stalin accepted Hitler's proposal to attack the British Empire and acquire land in southern Asia. Neutral nations like Persia, Afghanistan and to a lesser extent Turkey are also attacked (though admittedly, Turkey is more to occupy the region of Lake Van fully, as well as to possibly adjust the Armenian border to a more favourable one), while Germany continues its assault in Europe in a similar way to OTL. For this scenario, the surprise Soviet attacks start in late March, and they are 'forced' to invade the neutral nations in a similar way to how the Nazis attacked the Low Countries in both OTL and ITTL. This is of course ASB as there's no way Stalin would be stupid enough to fall for Hitler's and Ribbentrop's plan, but this is a bit of a fun what if. Perhaps it could even result in a three-way war later on? Date of course is 6th April 1940 (based off the OTL base map on the wiki of course).

UVJWArt.png

Deleted member 87099

Here's another WIP of mine, an improved ancestry map of Massachusetts (going down to census tracts):
of3aAXN.png

So far, I've put in at least 5 hours of work into this... :biggrin:

Great work! But what does "American Ancestry" even mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.