Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really neat stuff, beedok!

Always a joy to see your know-how of Canada put to work. How populous is Canada IATL?

That's really neat stuff, beedok!

Always a joy to see your know-how of Canada put to work. How populous is Canada IATL?
Thank you.:)

I'm putting continental Canada at a bit over 55 million. I'm also going to include a lot of Caribbean territories, but I'm less sure about how much they could grow vs. OTL, maybe 7 million there? Still have to do that research.

I was just thinking that it looked like that might be the case.

I meant for them to just be invading for Vienna, but I guess they would have the high ground, especially if they were more specialty troops while more green troops invade the "bulk" of the nation.

Lichtenstein sorta...disappeared among the sheer chaos of alt-end-WWI Europe.

WIP. Current idea is a surviving Czechoslovakia after Munich leading to a different WWII that ends in stalemate in Norway.

BYqZUnR.png

I meant for them to just be invading for Vienna, but I guess they would have the high ground, especially if they were more specialty troops while more green troops invade the "bulk" of the nation.

Lichtenstein sorta...disappeared among the sheer chaos of alt-end-WWI Europe.

Wouldn't it be much easier to take the main roads through the valleys instead of trying to invade a country by marching across this?
austrian-alps.jpg

I've been polishing off a few WIPs. Here's one.

POD is complete nuclear annihilation, and the current date is around 3000 years after.

post apocalyptic.png

POD is complete nuclear annihilation, and the current date is around 3000 years after.

Surely it's not complete annihilation, is it, now? Otherwise there wouldn't be any people left.

How's Finland faring?

Nice work!

The Hanoi Cooperation Organization is widely viewed as a alliance of rouge and pariah states reaching to almost every continent. With the collapse of the USSR, the retreat of the United States into isolation under Presidents Perot and Richards, and the decline and low level civil war of China, power vacuums erupted in many places.

badmap1.png

Cool map, though I would I say its more like 300 years afterwards.

By the way, what are the grey lines?

Cool map! Where'd you find the base for it?
Beautiful map, though I am curious where you got the basemap
I can't get the search function to work right now, but it's called the WorldM, and there should be a thread for it somewhere.
Surely it's not complete annihilation, is it, now? Otherwise there wouldn't be any people left.

How's Finland faring?

Nice work!
Well, you got me there.

Finland's trying to fill in the space between it's fortifications, which is getting difficult 1) due to the North's size and 2) increasing hostilities on the southern end.
Cool map, though I would I say its more like 300 years afterwards.

By the way, what are the grey lines?
Perhaps, although this scenario assumes only about 1-5% of the population survives.

The gray lines are trade routes.

In this world, the Vandalic invasion of the Peloponnese is not defeated at at Kenipolis. The fall of the Peloponnese is a disaster for the ERE as the Vandals, launched raids against the Aegean coastal cities, the ERE navy having been crippled at the Battle of Cap Bon the year earlier. With with much of Greece either directly in the hands of the Vandals or being raided by them, Aspar sought to remove Leo I. Who he had wanted to replace Leo I with or whether he would have finally taken the Imperial title for himself will never be known as he was assassinated by forces loyal to Leo I before the plot could be enacted. With their father murdered and the Emperor accusing them of treason, Ardabur, Patricius and troops loyal to their father rose in rebellion in Thrace. Support for Leo I in Constantinople was at an all time low as Ardabur and Patricius laid siege to the city, but the Chalcedonian populous and clergy would not betray Leo I for the Arian barbarian generals laying siege to the city.

The brothers turned to Gaiseric for aid in taking Constantinople offering the Vandal king concessions in Greece if his naval force would contribute to the siege of the city. As the brothers and Gaiseric came together, the ERE continued to fall apart. The Isaurian general, Zeno rose in rebellion, claiming the Imperial title for himself. Though Zeno, had a powerful military force behind him, the majority of what remained of the Empire’s dilapidated naval force was in the hands of forces either Loyal to Leo or Ardabur and Patricius. In addition to this, he was forced to put down several rebellions in eastern Anatolia. With the Empire in such a state of disarray a lion that the Romans had thought tamed ripped into the Balkans. Dengizich, son of Attila, dreamed of an empire like his father’s, but again and again the Goths and Romans had foiled his plans. The war in Greece and the rebellion in Thrace had significantly weakened the Roman military presence in the Balkans and Dengizich sought to exploit it. Though Dengizich’s incursion appears to at first have been one of plunder, the almost pathetic Roman resistance presented an opportunity to take the Balkans as his own.

Dengizich smashed the brothers’ forces at Adrianople. In the ensuing battle Ardabur was killed and Patricius taken captive. With his allies defeated, Gaiseric withdrew the Vandal navy from the siege of Constantinople. Leo I, seeking to prevent the city from being laid siege to again and building up a force that would theoretically be able to defeat Zeno’s forces should they cross the Aegean, looked to make a deal with Dengizich. Leo I offered Dengizich recognition of the Hunnic Foederati’s dominion over Moesia, tribute from the empire, and his daughter’s hand in marriage for Dengizich’s help removing the Vandals from, Greece and defeating his son-in-law Zeno. Dengizich’s forces pushed into chaotic and Vandal raided lands before they were given the a real battle against Gaiseric’s forces not far from Larissa. Gaiseric’s son, Huneric, and his troops were suckered into a feint and annihilated by Dengizich. The bulk of the Vandal army in Greece destroyed and his son dead, Gaiseric retreated back to the Peloponnese. Though he had suffered a major blow, the Vandal king had still successfully used the Peloponnese as a jumping off point to raid the Aegean and had brought back untold wealth from Greece.Yet this silver lining would all but vanish when Gaiseric took ill with dysentery and died.

With Gaiseric and his heir dead, no less than four claimants rose up and declared themselves king. In this climate, the Peloponnese was abandoned and Dengizich became the de facto ruler of almost the entirety ERE in Europe. In the beleaguered Western Roman Empire, Ricimer’s new puppet emperor, Romanus, would go on to successfully remove the Vandals from Sicily, securing a settlement with one of Gaiseric’s sons, Gento.

Eastern Med.png

Gian

Banned
A Different Reality: Switzerland 2016

And it's done:

<<Previous: Western Europe, 2016
>>Next: TBD

(Part of the ADR-verse, an Ill Bethisad-esque world I'm building)

Born out of the great Alpine mountains, the Swiss Confederation emerged as a series of tiny autonomous communities within the Holy Roman Empire united under their common interests. United from among the three states of Uri, Schwyz, and Unterwalden (later divided into three part-cantons) in 1291 to resist Habsburg encroachment on their autonomy, they later began its expansion when Lucerne, Zug, Glarus, Bern, and Zürich also joined, increasing their wealth and political clout. This marked the beginning of Switzerland's expansion into the Alpine valleys of Central Europe.

However, the Reformation would shatter the religious unity of the Confederation. Whilst Bern and Zürich (later Konstanz, which joined the Confederation, and Basel) turned to the new Protestant faith, many of the cantons, especially Luzern and the Waldstätten, stayed tied to the Catholic Church. They soon entered into conflict over the various condominiums and common territories and in the Second Kappelkrieg, the Catholic armies were annihilated with a force from Zürich, Konstanz, and the Toggenburg. The resulting victory would give the Protestants priority in those areas, but the loose Confederation would continue. And while they were soon invaded during the Revolutionary Wars of the 1800s, they were largely stable (and also neutral) until 1848, when the old Confederation was replace by a full-fledged federal republic.

(Click on image for full-size)

ETC: ~3 weeks
Credits to Alex Richards for helping me with the borders and the religious history for this map

Portugal and Brazil colours seem swapped? And how on Earth did Finland get independent before 1861?:eek:
Otherwise a very neat mappo.

That's meant to show the Portuguese monarchy remaining in power in Brazil while a republic runs Portugal proper.

Finland was the result of some hard Russian times in the early 19th Century :)o:p).

Status
Not open for further replies.