Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Maps of the Confederacy and territorial changes, 1864-1897, from I Did It For My Country.

csa.png

csa.png

Well done! Will there be any followup to this map? Jalayrids vs the Russians or the British in India, for instance...
Oh yeah, I've already made a "sequel", with the provinces after Habibullah's conquests.

UAsq8Qo.png

(Correction: It should be Bakhtar, not Baqtria.)

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Finally, a map where the Confederacy doesn't miraculously acquire Cuba or Baja Califonia/Sonora.

In the series they try to invade Cuba due to the economic pressures that resulted from a failed decade long Mexican War that ended in a peace treaty demanding an insane amount of reparations, the intention of the treaty to cripple the Confederate Economy to the point they can never wage War again. They do, end up with a lopsided and horrific defeat, and collapse into Civil War following Slave uprisings under Ida Welles and later a massive Military rebellion by Harry Truman.

Not just end of paged, but end of threaded. :eek:

That's OK, I shall pursue you relentlessly. :D

Most of the 'minor Christians' are puppets of the Christian Alliance Company, and they aren't really super important nations (mostly). Effectively any Christian Alliance puppets in central Asia are small Christian nations.

For me on my monitor, at least, the "Minor Christian" border is pretty much invisible against the "Christian Alliance" fill at 100% scale. Are some of the Christian Alliance states (for instance, *Turkmenistan) non-Christian?

The orange bits in Africa, Siberia, and Americas were a colour I forgot to put in the legend (that has been updated).

...on a map you haven't posted yet, I presume?

Are those minor Asian Dharmic states on the west coast of North America?

Is that Candy Quebec and SW Britain?

I'm not seeing a color match for that state south and east of *Mongolia.

Is the southernmost Japanese Island Atlantic Trading Company?

What's that, well, magenta color inland from the Swahili League in east Africa?

Those green areas in the Americas are Bengali, right?

thanks,
Bruce

That's OK, I shall pursue you relentlessly. :D
Yay!

For me on my monitor, at least, the "Minor Christian" border is pretty much invisible against the "Christian Alliance" fill at 100% scale. Are some of the Christian Alliance states (for instance, *Turkmenistan) non-Christian?
All fully and directly controlled parts of the Christian Alliance company are Christian too. 'Influence' areas vary more (especially now that Hindu investors half taken control).

...on a map you haven't posted yet, I presume?
Yes, there's still annotations yet to add, so that was a WiP, though a little less complete than I'd though.:eek:
Are those minor Asian Dharmic states on the west coast of North America?
Yes. Chinese and Japanese settler states before the India trading companies mucked up the Orient.
Is that Candy Quebec and SW Britain?
Yes.
I'm not seeing a color match for that state south and east of *Mongolia.
That's a Nepalese influence zone.
Is the southernmost Japanese Island Atlantic Trading Company?
Yes.
What's that, well, magenta color inland from the Swahili League in east Africa?
I accidentally filled in the Swahili State Corporation spot on the key with the Swahili League colour. :eek:
Those green areas in the Americas are Bengali, right?
Yes.
thanks,
Bruce
Thank you for helping me find errors and issues.

Forget about it, it doesn't matter. :eek:

Anyway, here's a commission I made for someone (info on commissions in my signature). A fictional country in the Indian Ocean called Altis. :)

Full Map Here

How much do you charge for commissions? I'd love to see what you would do for a map of a national high speed rail system in the US. All I've been doing is straight lines in Paint.NET over a clipped Qbam.

Forget about it, it doesn't matter. :eek:

Anyway, here's a commission I made for someone (info on commissions in my signature). A fictional country in the Indian Ocean called Altis. :)

Full Map Here

That's a really amazing map.

What is the history of this country, though? I notice that the cities in the west mostly have European-sounding names, but in the east there are some Indian-sounding names.

How much do you charge for commissions? I'd love to see what you would do for a map of a national high speed rail system in the US. All I've been doing is straight lines in Paint.NET over a clipped Qbam.

It's 25 for a "full" map, but you can get really well-made Inkscape maps for 18 (like this one).

Here's a chart of what I offer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.