Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossposting by MOTF entry:
And my first MOTF entry for a long time:

In this world, Austria was never involved in Polish Partitions. This led to a surviving Poland and a world of two camps:
1. The Two Emperor's Alliance: Germany, Russia and various other small states.
2. The Entente: Austria, Britain, France and other small states.
The Great War broke out in 1912, following the assassination of the Russian Prince Alexei by Polish activists. As the Russians moved to crush the Polish rump state, the Entente declared a guarantee over the nation. Russia ignored this and invaded anyway. In retaliation France invaded Germany. As the war escalated, Austro-Hungary was devastated by German and Russian forces, before being liberated by the French and Italians (who had joined mid-way through the war). The reborn Austria had lost several territories, but remained a regional power. The war ended in 1917 and the map shows Austria and surrounding countries after the treaty, including the new nations of Wurrtemburg and Bavaria.

MOTF entry austria.PNG

Last edited:
Rump state? Outside of parts to the north, just off the map and presumably Prussian, it looks like the Poles have most of the Kingdom of Poland. Sure, most of the Commonwealth is gone,but that was mostly Ruthenian populated areas of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
It was a rump state pre-war. The map is post-war. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :eek:

EDIT: Have changed the description to make more sense.

It was a rump state pre-war. The map is post-war. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :eek:

EDIT: Have changed the description to make more sense.

No no, it's fine. Even deleted my post when I realized how picky it was. Especially when I realized other things I asked had been answered in your description. What is the status of Croatia, though?

No no, it's fine. Even deleted my post when I realized how picky it was. Especially when I realized other things I asked had been answered in your description. What is the status of Croatia, though?
It's not problem. Any feedback is useful.
It's part of Hungary (within Austria), but has special autonomy.

Interesting, but where is Karlsland? There isn't a lot of information to place it in the East Indies.

OTL Kimberly, Western Australia.
Big landmass, but pretty sparsely settled up to today. What's the population of Karlsland by the abolition of the monarchy?

Interesting, but where is Karlsland? There isn't a lot of information to place it in the East Indies.

OTL northeastern Western Australia.

Big landmass, but pretty sparsely settled up to today. What's the population of Karlsland by the abolition of the monarchy?

It had been hovering around half a million for a while, but after the discovery of oil and diamonds the population jumped to about 1.2 million, mostly self-identified Austrian.

Different spliting of North Atlantic create archipelago of volcanic island in place of real Rockall and Hatton Bank.
They are colonized from two sides by Vikings, Irish and Scots, in late Middle Ages Rockall is conquered by Scotland, Rowanland became part of Danemark like Iceland and Faroes.
Today: Rowanland is independent country, member of NATO, maybe part of Iceland-centric federation of Iceland, Greenland, Rowanland and Faroes, maybe part of EU due different "dynamics" between Danemark and its atlantic territories in XX centrury. Rockall is integral part of Scotland: more like Orkney than UK dependencies.

Bigger: http://jeremak-j.deviantart.com/art/Rowanland-and-Rockall-605405783?ga_submit_new=10%253A1461696568
rowanland_and_rockall_by_jeremak_j-da0fy3b.png

Different spliting of North Atlantic create archipelago of volcanic island in place of real Rockall and Hatton Bank.
They are colonized from two sides by Vikings, Irish and Scots, in late Middle Ages Rockall is conquered by Scotland, Rowanland became part of Danemark like Iceland and Faroes.
Today: Rowanland is independent country, member of NATO, maybe part of Iceland-centric federation of Iceland, Greenland, Rowanland and Faroes, maybe part of EU due different "dynamics" between Danemark and its atlantic territories in XX centrury. Rockall is integral part of Scotland: more like Orkney than UK dependencies.

Bigger: http://jeremak-j.deviantart.com/art/Rowanland-and-Rockall-605405783?ga_submit_new=10%253A1461696568
That map is absolutely gorgeous! Now, is Rowanland anglicized or is it spelled/pronounced like that in Rowanlandic?

Status
Not open for further replies.