Status
Not open for further replies.
First off the Red arrow are the Fuegians, the blue are the Polynesians/Maori (Like I said, why don't you read the description in the DA page)
A) Calling them 'the Red Guys' is clearer for those who hadn't followed the link.
B) My question still stands after reading it.

Gian

Banned
A) Calling them 'the Red Guys' is clearer for those who hadn't followed the link.
B) My question still stands after reading it.

b) Really I have no idea. I just really like the idea that large parts of Antarctica should be terra nullius, which is why I didn't let the Maori expand that much.

b) Really I have no idea. I just really like the idea that large parts of Antarctica should be terra nullius, which is why I didn't let the Maori expand that much.

People are good at settling stuff. Look at the Inuit. There might be almost no one there, but there will be some folks.

I feel like that's a bit highly implausible if the Polynesian people are just going to stop expanding towards East Antarctica by 2000 BCE. Humans will settle the east Antartican region.

I feel like that's a bit highly implausible if the Polynesian people are just going to stop expanding towards East Antarctica by 2000 BCE. Humans will settle the east Antartican region.
They're taking heavy inspiration from Devon Moore's Great White South, even his map about initial human settlement of the continent uses the same colors for the groups. However, Moore's map does show a larger settlement by the Polynesians, if mostly on the coast, which makes some sense.

A WIP preview of my Metal Slug TL map, which is currently going through a revision of sorts since I felt the previous map didn't felt plausible enough:
rZiknek.png

The main point of this world is this: An ASB decided that some people and places should've been given a chance in the world. It started with the saving of all the cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, and it just spiraled out from there. Tech is at the "right before the Western Roman Empire fell" time period, though some have been finding strange objects around the world.
AydhZxz.png

Disappointed that the Principality of Sealand is on there but the Republic of Molossia isn't
i thought i added it? maybe i forgot. There is a blank space in nevada. There's still Wy, Hutt Rivel, Kugelmugel.

THE BLANK NEVADATHINGY WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A MOLOSSIA/ASB BASIN, GUYS.

Hapsburg

Banned
A little preview for my next entry in the TL.
The Earth, December 2200. Some changes were made to domestic borders and situations due to the divisive behaviour of some Earth nations during the war; none directly sided with the CSN, but many were neutral and stood by as space marines invaded Earth. Resentments flared up, particularly in North Africa, and Algeria found itself partitioned. Elsewhere, the Ukraine took vengeance on the former Russian republics and occupied several of them, annexing two--the Volga Republic and Astrakhan. The 11th-hour involvement of India, Arabia, and Morocco in the war on the UN side spared them reprisals, despite a previously-neutral stance during the invasion. West Africa was granted a special status as an autonomous commonwealth in the African Empire, as a way of defusing sectional tensions in the wake of the war; but the same could not be said for Brazil and Argentina's handling of rebels in the Pampas, or China's reprisals in Manchuria, which by all rights constituted genocide. But as in all wars, the victors decide the justice...

2200.png

A little preview for my next entry in the TL.
The Earth, December 2200. Some changes were made to domestic borders and situations due to the divisive behaviour of some Earth nations during the war; none directly sided with the CSN, but many were neutral and stood by as space marines invaded Earth. Resentments flared up, particularly in North Africa, and Algeria found itself partitioned. Elsewhere, the Ukraine took vengeance on the former Russian republics and occupied several of them, annexing two--the Volga Republic and Astrakhan. The 11th-hour involvement of India, Arabia, and Morocco in the war on the UN side spared them reprisals, despite a previously-neutral stance during the invasion. West Africa was granted a special status as an autonomous commonwealth in the African Empire, as a way of defusing sectional tensions in the wake of the war; but the same could not be said for Brazil and Argentina's handling of rebels in the Pampas, or China's reprisals in Manchuria, which by all rights constituted genocide. But as in all wars, the victors decide the justice...

View attachment 286824
What's up with Germany and Scotland? Why is Mexico part of the US? How are Sino Japanese relations? Which 10 countries are the most powerful and which countries have nuclear weapons? And who was elected President in 2016?

Deleted member 87099

What's up with Germany and Scotland? Why is Mexico part of the US? How are Sino Japanese relations? Which 10 countries are the most powerful and which countries have nuclear weapons? And who was elected President in 2016?

Read the timeline in his sig.

Teutoburg, in which Publius Quinctilius Varus does not have what can only be described as a strategic stroke and has the good thought to send scouts out ahead of the main force when pushing through Germania. They spot the Germanic tribes, rush back and warn Publius who then withdraws to more even ground to reform and stand against the Germanic tribes. They win, due to better equipment and tactics and reinforced by spare legionnaires from a grateful Rome, continue the push into Germania and eventual subjugation of the nation. This leads to Roman suzerainty of all the lands right up to the Neman at its height, as well as the Eider. This has enormous ramifications for Roman culture, which absorbs much of the Germanic culture and language into their nation and leaves the Germans in Sycthia and Sarmatia as the dominant ethnicity, bolstered by refugees that don't wish to live under the aegis of Rome.

However, Rome still falls, and the migrations occur if in a somewhat delayed manner. Though as they essentially have a pincushion of Roman provinces between themselves and the migrants the Western Romans fare rather better, surviving not just in Iberia -especially around Tarraco- but Britannia as well. Migratory frustrations cause the Germans to push south more earnestly, and they lay into what would be the Byzantines and in fact completely evict the Greeks from their homeland, who flee to Libya, where they'll stay for the next 1000 years. The Slavs push in behind them, occupying most of Central-Eastern Europe as well as Finland. This leaves a vacuum that is eventually subsumed by Turkic peoples.

History happens, and here is the current world order. I could expand on this a bit, but I'm a bit huffy at the moment. Le sigh, such is real life. Enjoy.

View attachment 286740

So is manichaeism the dominate religion?

It shouldn't be.
Manichaeism is as dependent on Christianity as Islam. Meaning a TL with a POD that probably butterflies Jesus should not have Mani or his religion.

Well one the map itself it references 2 attempts by Rome to build Neo Manichaeism states.

(The first one being Called the Harmonious Empire of Noveual Rom)

Hapsburg

Banned
Like theev said, reading the TL is probably best. But I'll take a whack at the rather specific questions. And mind, this map takes place two hundred years from now. That was not a misprint. Reams of other social issues and political events take place in that intervening time.

What's up with Germany and Scotland?
Germany is more federal than OTL. Scotland became independent but later rejoined the UK at devo-max.

Why is Mexico part of the US?
Happened gradually over the course of the 21st century, mainly due to US occupation during the Drug War and a snowball of imperialism in absorbing Mexican territories after the virtual collapse of the Mexican government. But the status quo for much of the century was just US control over a nominally independent Mexico. The final accession of the Mexican states was a power-broking deal between the US and the Mexican oligarchy in the 2080s and early 2090s.

How are Sino Japanese relations?
Much better. They developed strong economic ties in the 21st and 22nd centuries, and having fought together against Russia in the late 21st century was a bonding experience.

Which 10 countries are the most powerful and which countries have nuclear weapons?
Most powerful: US, UK, China, Japan, France, Brazil, Equatorial Africa, Australia, India, and the Arabian Federation. Canada, Ukraine, Germany, and Russia are at a close trail.
Nuclear armed: technically the US, UK, Canada, Russia, China, Japan, France, Brazil, Burma, Poland, Equatorial Africa, India, "Pakistan", Egypt, Arabia, Indonesia, and South Africa have nominally independent nuclear deterrents, with nuclear sharing between the EU members and the US. Practically, command and control for all nuclear arsenals was handed over to the UN during the tense cold war between Earth and its space colonies, and was effectively made permanent during the Interplanetary War.

And who was elected President in 2016?
Hilary Clinton. But mind, it is nothing like OTL's 2016 election.

Status
Not open for further replies.