Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map with changes suggested by Randy McDonald.

EmpiresEarth.png

Last edited:
german_philippines___tondoverse_by_kazumikikuchi-d92krld.jpg

In this Timeline, Tondo converts to Islam voluntarily and becomes known as the Tagalog Rajahnate/Kingdom and changes its capital to Vigan which becomes known as New Tondo or Vetun and Maguindanao Sultanate Survives and coexists as well and unites Mindanao more.

In this timeline the Tagalog language, the language of Tondo Kingdom is based on the language of Pampanga, Tagarug, Gaddang/Irraya and Ifugao due to the merging/fusion of these people.

The Spanish conquer the Central Parts of the Philippines and gain parts of the Tagalog Rajahnate which is called as the Tagalog March and the parts of the Maguindanao Sultnate which is known as the Yranun March, the Philippines is sold to the Holy Roman Empire and becomes known as German East Indies which conquers Sulu.

So I'll bite; what the hell happened to the Great Lakes? They've been demoted to Adequate Lakes! :eek:

It's a mapping software error; the present day map does'nt show them either and I don't think he noticed until to far in to change it.

Hmm, I think part of the problem is that the scenarios for this seem to differ wildly as to what a 'full polar ice cap melt' actually entails (compare this and this). Not everything below water level is going to be flooded and not everything above is going to remain dry. I generally did a hybrid of different 'full melt' scenarios (however unlikely this is by current scientific thought) and stirred in shrinking of freshwater lakes to reflect consumption/desertification, though it occurred to me that a world with more sea surface area is also going to be rainer; you might well get flash floods of freshwater.

Ok, I see where part of the problem is; in the second link it's showing a 100 meter rise and incorrectly stating that it was the result of 80% of the ice melting; with a 100% Arctic and Antarctic ice melt the sea level would only rise by 65 meters.

A little WIP of mine, still in early stages; I just finished North America, but I have no ideas for the rest of the world. Basically, its a post-apocalyptic scenario, nukes, natural disasters, disease...y'know, the works - they've come very close to wiping out humanity, and now, in an unspecified future year, the world is bouncing back. Tech and society, at least in North America, are at a medieval level.

workinprogress.png

workinprogress.png

If things are on a medieval level, not sure Nevada, say, would support enough agriculture to maintain states of any size...

A little WIP of mine, still in early stages; I just finished North America, but I have no ideas for the rest of the world. Basically, its a post-apocalyptic scenario, nukes, natural disasters, disease...y'know, the works - they've come very close to wiping out humanity, and now, in an unspecified future year, the world is bouncing back. Tech and society, at least in North America, are at a medieval level.

View attachment 259212

What's your current ideas on East Asia and China?

If things are on a medieval level, not sure Nevada, say, would support enough agriculture to maintain states of any size...

Perhaps I should have drawn it as a territory, but the sand there in former Nevada is "owned" by the Empire of Zion, if only in name.

It's a mapping software error; the present day map does'nt show them either and I don't think he noticed until to far in to change it.

Ok, I see where part of the problem is; in the second link it's showing a 100 meter rise and incorrectly stating that it was the result of 80% of the ice melting; with a 100% Arctic and Antarctic ice melt the sea level would only rise by 65 meters.

I've probably gone overboard then :( A lot of maps online assume an 80-100m rise; perhaps the science has since moved on.

What is the elephant in the room?

I can't see it?

Principally, the absence of Israel, and what that implies about Europe and the US by the time whichever of the totalitarian Sunni states made it to the Med.

I don´t get Europe Nr. 5. Is Tunesia or Malta settled by Germans?

Tunisia; my notion was that in a reversal of the cliché Eurabia scenario the Mediterranean is awash with north Europeans (principally British, Dutch, Germans and Danish) who, unable to afford new homes in what's left of their own countries have had to look to the near-abroad.

What do the lighter/darker shades of a country's color denote? I think it might be habitable/uninhabitable land, but that feels like a stretch.

Hum, I was hoping people wouldn't pick up on that :eek: It's supposed to be areas of desertification (not 'uninhabitable' as I didn't want to go the way of depicting swathes as sparsely inhabited) but added very fast and freehand as an afterthought.

I was about to say "where is Israel"... I guess America and Israel went anti-Semitic and let the Jews die. Or they went isolationist.

But wait, Israel had nukes... how did Israel not go "Sampson Option" and depopulate the entire Near East forever? They'd do it if threatened with the annihilation of the Jewish state.

I was about to say "where is Israel"... I guess America and Israel went anti-Semitic and let the Jews die. Or they went isolationist.

But wait, Israel had nukes... how did Israel not go "Sampson Option" and depopulate the entire Near East forever? They'd do it if threatened with the annihilation of the Jewish state.

Isolationist, though I guess if Europe went particularly right-wing they could lose their desire to help if Israel went down, even if they were equally Islamophobic. The Sampson Option really should have happened, though I guess it's the old Yes Prime Minister scenario - a deterrent is great, but at what point do you actually commit to an indiscriminate strike when your country is being invaded? I suspect the temptation would always be to hope the army could turn things around, and to leave the decision too late, until you have actually lost command-and-control of the nuclear apparatus, at which point the best option might be to shell the launch sites to prevent the enemy gaining control. If Israel does have submarine-launched capability (something they of course have not confirmed) the question becomes thornier.

Well, I'm thinking for China having some sort of warring states, all claiming to be the real China; as for the rest of East Asia, I don't really know.

I guess you can do a Japan-wank, few post-apocalyptic scenarios have Japan-wank. A revived Empire of Japan with client states and puppet regimes all over China and Korea.

Isolationist, though I guess if Europe went particularly right-wing they could lose their desire to help if Israel went down, even if they were equally Islamophobic. The Sampson Option really should have happened, though I guess it's the old Yes Prime Minister scenario - a deterrent is great, but at what point do you actually commit to an indiscriminate strike when your country is being invaded? I suspect the temptation would always be to hope the army could turn things around, and to leave the decision too late, until you have actually lost command-and-control of the nuclear apparatus, at which point the best option might be to shell the launch sites to prevent the enemy gaining control. If Israel does have submarine-launched capability (something they of course have not confirmed) the question becomes thornier.

I like to think that most Israelis aren't actually batshit enough to kill tens of millions of civilians in some sort of pointless revenge gesture - not least because that'll put a major hamper on the US and Europe absorbing the Jewish refugees (and most of the Arabs, too, if they're smart)

It could also be that desertification hit Israel so badly it wasn't really able to continue sustaining a large population (especially with food imports compromised by drought in the former world breadbaskets) and most of the population had already left by the point things went really pear-shaped. Besides leading to a weaker state, it's harder to justify genocide to maintain a national home which has, say, only 12% of the world's Jewish population rather than 40%.

Status
Not open for further replies.