Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember the map someone did that was basically an ISIS wank? It was a Worlds that had them taking over basically everything from Kurdistan down into northern Saudi Arabia, as well as the same dark green color covering factions from as far as Afghanistan to Northern Africa.

Is it the one that was part of a set? The following one having Syria and Yemen going to Iranian influence, while the Saudis and Iranians shared it in Iraq.

Page 163 of this thread has a map that includes a more moderate ISIS wank (though moderate in regard to wanking ISIS fully depends on whether you're talking ambitions or ability).

The Great Asian Desert would extend that far... possibly as far as "Eastern" Ukraine. But "Eastern" Siberia wouldn't

I'm not sure that it would expand that far because the equator cuts right through the Aral Sea and the 'Southern' Caspian Sea. The main reason the Asian Desert is that close to the equator is because of the rainshadow of the Himalayas. New map, changed the Siberian Desert to the Siberian Grassland. Also removed a portion of the 'North' African Desert.

(Note: The orange lines are the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, ~23 degrees)

Americalis Biomes Circles.png

Last edited:
I did this one once, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for?
That's close but not the one I was thinking of.
Do you mean this one? There's a few different versions.

The official ISIS one? The one that was just a Victoria 2 map with some provinces colored in? That one gave me a laugh. :p
This is it I think
I meant to say "Worlda" not "Worlds."
Is it the one that was part of a set? The following one having Syria and Yemen going to Iranian influence, while the Saudis and Iranians shared it in Iraq.
It may have been.

Finished a rough draft of my conworld; about 82% the radius of our own planet, and it's a moon. Gravity is slightly lower at 92%, making it a little easier to launch rockets and reach the other moons. Some random things are labeled because why not. Any questions are welcome :p. I rushed the southern continent and westernmost continent a little bit, because I really felt like finishing it before winter break ended.

Approximately 10km/pixel.

genderless machine.png

I'm not sure that it would expand that far because the equator cuts right through the Aral Sea and the 'Southern' Caspian Sea. The main reason the Asian Desert is that close to the equator is because of the rainshadow of the Himalayas. New map, changed the Siberian Desert to the Siberian Grassland. Also removed a portion of the 'North' African Desert.

(Note: The orange lines are the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, ~23 degrees)

Well, I'm impressed; good job! It's a far better attempt at adding in biomes than what I could have ever put out. Antarctica looks particularly habitable at the moment, though I'd imagine that there'd actually be a desert somewhere in the interior there if the Earth was actually configured that way. Moreover, I wonder if anybody would ever be able to make it to *South America in such a world. The only way I could ever see it coming about is if Inuit-type settlers brave the icecaps of Americalis and make there way over to the continent over time; or some ancient seafarers are lucky enough to find themselves there after sailing the still-violent Atlantic Ocean (though that scenario is far from likely).

Again, good job on the biomes.

Finished a rough draft of my conworld; about 82% the radius of our own planet, and it's a moon. Gravity is slightly lower at 92%, making it a little easier to launch rockets and reach the other moons. Some random things are labeled because why not. Any questions are welcome :p. I rushed the southern continent and westernmost continent a little bit, because I really felt like finishing it before winter break ended.

Approximately 10km/pixel.

That's a damn nice looking conworld. Pretty much perfect landmasses and the descriptions are interesting. Keep us posted.

This is a WIP of a map that I'm working on. The concept is not mine, as it was introduced to me by this map game and is one that's existed for a while regardless. Every country in the world has to jump ship and move to an entirely new location on the globe. I'm mostly trying to keep regions and continents together (sorry Europe, but you definitely won't be) and aiming for pre-post consistency of biomes or agricultural capacity of locations.
I'm posting this though to get opinions on what people think would make sense for the Sahara. I was kinda thinking just Kazakhstan the whole thing but I'm honestly lost on this one. I'll happily answer any questions about anything I've done or plan to do though.

landswap.gif

It's certainly a beautiful map, and I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've seen a United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and Poland. :p Also love the "Not The Face" reference.

Still, I have a few questions if you don't mind.

How integrated -culturally, economically, politically, etc. - is Poland with the rest of the United Kingdom.

Fairly loosely tied, it has a lot of internal autonomy, although there has been a fair amount of cultural exchange - anyone educated in Poland speaks English. and British schools try hard to inculcate a knowledge of Polish, although that's a more recent development. It's a unified market, plus the sort of unified banking/financial institutions the recent crisis has made clear our EC is deficient in. There are occasional spasms of Polish particularism, fear of Russia is a big help in keeping the union functioning smoothly. There has been a lot of Polish immigration to the UK, which largely replaces the Indian subcontinent/Caribbean immigration of OTL.

Has the Kingdom of America seen more polish immigration in comparison to OTL?

Less; the union with Britain has been rather less bothersome than rule by Russians or Germans, and economically Poland has been better off than OTL since the mid 19th century, so there is less incentive to leave (and anyway it's easier than OTL to move to Britain: see above).

How does the population of the world compare to OTL 2003 with no green revolution but with those extra decades of growth?

Somewhat less populous: the combination of basic medicine, sanitation, etc. that really brought on the population boom of OTL took longer to get to the *third world and colonies. But it's more crowded compared to its technology level, so to speak: food security is an issue of some concern to the major powers, especially in such places as India. Some rather ugly things are starting as efforts get underway to prevent the non-white colonies from outrunning their food supply.

(Or you could just say I didn't really think about that. :p)

How did the Kingdom get New Zealand?

Whalers from the Kingdom first established resupply posts and trade in guns with the Maori, and when France established a colony in Tasmania and claimed the Australian mainland, the American Monarchy used this precedent to establish a claim to the islands, lest the French add them, too, to their portfolio.

Thanks! And Happy New Years!

Happy 2016!

That's a damn nice looking conworld. Pretty much perfect landmasses and the descriptions are interesting. Keep us posted.

Thanks! Next I'm going to add a bit more erosion, fix some coastline and add lakes and islands that are missing. Then I'll move onto elevation. . . *shudders*

Fairly loosely tied, it has a lot of internal autonomy, although there has been a fair amount of cultural exchange - anyone educated in Poland speaks English. and British schools try hard to inculcate a knowledge of Polish, although that's a more recent development. It's a unified market, plus the sort of unified banking/financial institutions the recent crisis has made clear our EC is deficient in. There are occasional spasms of Polish particularism, fear of Russia is a big help in keeping the union functioning smoothly. There has been a lot of Polish immigration to the UK, which largely replaces the Indian subcontinent/Caribbean immigration of OTL.

Oh, wow, this would be HUGE. South Asian+West Indian migration has had a massive impact on Britain, culturally and ethnically. The mixed race category is actually the fastest growing ethnic minority. In this world, there is probably a lost of British-Polish mixing, but it won't be seen as mixed race. The relative lack of non-white faces compared to our world might result in a comparatively less tolerant and more culturally ignorant Britain. Which is...unpleasant to think about. At the same time, unlike West Indians, and indeed a great deal of South Asians, most of these immigrants won't be English speakers, and that might see Britain shed her horrifyingly poor linguistic skills (helped along by Franco-Spain being a clear challenger for linguistic dominance of the world).

i cant imagine going out to get a polish takeaway tho

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Oh, wow, this would be HUGE. South Asian+West Indian migration has had a massive impact on Britain, culturally and ethnically. The mixed race category is actually the fastest growing ethnic minority. In this world, there is probably a lost of British-Polish mixing, but it won't be seen as mixed race. The relative lack of non-white faces compared to our world might result in a comparatively less tolerant and more culturally ignorant Britain. Which is...unpleasant to think about. At the same time, unlike West Indians, and indeed a great deal of South Asians, most of these immigrants won't be English speakers, and that might see Britain shed her horrifyingly poor linguistic skills (helped along by Franco-Spain being a clear challenger for linguistic dominance of the world).

i cant imagine going out to get a polish takeaway tho

But dat Polish cuisine Mumby.

If it means I can travel more easy from Portsmouth to Krakow I'm happy.

A map of Europe before the voyages to the New World, from the same Map Series I've been doing. Not a lot of backstory right now, but I will explain all the butterflies eventually (maybe hopefully). :p

Wow, that is a pretty cool map! I really like where this timeline is going, it looks very, very interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.