Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? The Democratic Party of Luxembourg and the Reformist Movement-Open Flemish Liberals and Democrats are liberal...

I thought the DP in Luxembourg were in opposition for some reason, but none the less, they're more Center Right than Liberal.

In Belgium of the current coalition the NVA, MR and OVLD are 'Liberal Conservative', meaning Right of Center and only liberal in the sense that they're economically liberal and socially centrist and/or don't focus on social issues.

Yes, it can pass decrees (though not laws, because there is no Parliament to pass them).

In which case I don't consider it a government in the sense of a political grouping that can pass legislation but rather the state apparatus continuing to run in between governments.

Mountains have an impact on dryness, but the 30 degree dry zones and cold ocean currents would still be there to dry out a fair number of places. Compare:
View attachment 268288
Right, but even then, I don't think that the climate itself would flow the same way. Based off the current map that was provided (which I think is fairly spot on), the relatively "dry" portions of South-Central Africa would still be really wet. Greater Manchuria also wouldn't be a real desert, but more akin to the Great Plains of the US.

I used #00FF00 to illustrate the regions I mean in particular, being crude merely to show the regions. And mainly I think its because of their Latitudes and proximity to warm water ocean currents and prevailing winds.

americalis.png

It was kind of hard to tell how wet or dry it would be without more information, so I just assumed that it was an easy medium similar to our earth. I used Turnovia and Jaredia as references.
I'm just going off of inferences I've made based on planetary climatology I've been brushing up on recently for my timeline. It has an advantage in some regards. But since its all been self study, I'm very likely to have missed, forgotten, or not known about to include.

americalis.png

Right, but even then, I don't think that the climate itself would flow the same way. Based off the current map that was provided (which I think is fairly spot on), the relatively "dry" portions of South-Central Africa would still be really wet. Greater Manchuria also wouldn't be a real desert, but more akin to the Great Plains of the US.

I used #00FF00 to illustrate the regions I mean in particular, being crude merely to show the regions. And mainly I think its because of their Latitudes and proximity to warm water ocean currents and prevailing winds.

View attachment 268302

I'm just going off of inferences I've made based on planetary climatology I've been brushing up on recently for my timeline. It has an advantage in some regards. But since its all been self study, I'm very likely to have missed, forgotten, or not known about to include.

Thanks for the feedback, super helpful. I wasn't too sure about these particular areas because they were both close to 30 degrees but also had ocean and air currents working in their favor.

View attachment 268302

I do think Central Asia would be a fair bit dryer. In part it's just so far from water, and then it's about as close to the 30 degrees line as OTL. Currents are different, I haven't looked it up enough to say if it would be desert or just steppe.

View attachment 268302

That is a great awesome map, have you ever thought of making a map game out of that?

How would that even work though?

The same way Kazakhstan is considered part of the Russo-centric 'Eurasian' sphere despite not being culturally, phenotypically or linguistically Russian, but rather as a result of trade and history I would suppose; alternatively the way that you have some groups in both Scotland and England (sometimes advocating specifically for their respective constituent nation, sometimes for Britain as a whole) that advocate for them being considered Nordic.

I do think Central Asia would be a fair bit dryer. In part it's just so far from water, and then it's about as close to the 30 degrees line as OTL. Currents are different, I haven't looked it up enough to say if it would be desert or just steppe.
The Great Asian Desert would extend that far... possibly as far as "Eastern" Ukraine. But "Eastern" Siberia wouldn't
That is a great awesome map, have you ever thought of making a map game out of that?
Well, its not my map to run a map game. Plus, I haven't had time for a map game since the end of NING

Anyone remember the map someone did that was basically an ISIS wank? It was a Worlda that had them taking over basically everything from Kurdistan down into northern Saudi Arabia, as well as the same dark green color covering factions from as far as Afghanistan to Northern Africa.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the map someone did that was basically an ISIS wank? It was a Worlds that had them taking over basically everything from Kurdistan down into northern Saudi Arabia, as well as the same dark green color covering factions from as far as Afghanistan to Northern Africa.
I did this one once, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for?

Anyone remember the map someone did that was basically an ISIS wank? It was a Worlds that had them taking over basically everything from Kurdistan down into northern Saudi Arabia, as well as the same dark green color covering factions from as far as Afghanistan to Northern Africa.

The official ISIS one? The one that was just a Victoria 2 map with some provinces colored in? That one gave me a laugh. :p

THDGjYz.jpg

This is it I think

Status
Not open for further replies.