Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get that ecoregions map?
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=10363829&postcount=2

Anyway, round 11 (12?) of the invaded world:

Hunters

The Race and Terran ORder decided to try a team up on the Draconians. It has been a bit of a stalemate.

Despite their caution a Martian got facehugger-ed. The Yautja noticed it, and came to investigate. They also decided to investigate a lot of other areas. One positive benefit was that the Race decided Humans were no longer the 'Big Uglies' after seeing some Predators.

Meanwhile the USPA lost all control of Los Angeles as it became a battle ground between Predators and Greys.

invadersround11.png

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=10363829&postcount=2

Anyway, round 11 (12?) of the invaded world:

Hunters

The Race and Terran ORder decided to try a team up on the Draconians. It has been a bit of a stalemate.

Despite their caution a Martian got facehugger-ed. The Yautja noticed it, and came to investigate. They also decided to investigate a lot of other areas. One positive benefit was that the Race decided Humans were no longer the 'Big Uglies' after seeing some Predators.

Meanwhile the USPA lost all control of Los Angeles as it became a battle ground between Predators and Greys.

What's going on in the Hejaz and southern Iran? Indus-backed Muslim rebellions?

Did a little reworking of my Kasierreich-revision map. Changed Russia's color to look less "evil," added warlordism to China, and changed some CP and Entente minors around.

P93nfX3.png

I think your US puppet colour is a bit too close to the La Plata colour. Also, which France is backing Republican Spain, Nationalist or Communist? You should add the red borders onto the key, too. Lastly, will there be a key for the numbers? :)

I like the colour scheme as a whole, though I would suggest making the Russian-puppet colour lighter and perhaps using a slightly different shade of green for Romania.

I think your US puppet colour is a bit too close to the La Plata colour. Also, which France is backing Republican Spain, Nationalist or Communist? You should add the red borders onto the key, too. Lastly, will there be a key for the numbers? :)

I like the colour scheme as a whole, though I would suggest making the Russian-puppet colour lighter and perhaps using a slightly different shade of green for Romania.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I should also answer your questions while I fix these:
-The French Commune is backing Republican Spain
-A key for the numbers is in the works, along with the backstory (the latter will be posted on my deviantart).

The Prussian and Polish components may have fought a civil war. Some other country may have attacked Brandenburg while too many of the Prussian armies were busy in the east tipping the balance, or Poland may have simply won by itself and decided that, having regained its historical lands in the west, the rump Brandenburg was no longer relevant and left it to its fate.

"historical lands?" Was there much interest, (past, say, the 15th century) in Poland in getting back 11th century borders? And the Germans in Pomerania and Silesia make for a fine *Sudetenland for the German Empire to fuss over... :)

Is this the third round 11 by now? :p Also, what's up with Uruguay?
Third? Darn it....

Uruguay was a neutralised buffer between the Race and Draconians. The Race couldn't hold it, but were able to gain air supremacy over that area (lack of Draconian airbases).

What's going on in the Hejaz and southern Iran? Indus-backed Muslim rebellions?

The Indus are supporting the Race. The Draconians claimed Mohammed had been one of them, the bulk of Muslims didn't much like that claim, while the Race decided 'whatever, have your superstitions' so they're seen as the lesser evil.

"historical lands?" Was there much interest, (past, say, the 15th century) in Poland in getting back 11th century borders? And the Germans in Pomerania and Silesia make for a fine *Sudetenland for the German Empire to fuss over... :)

Perhaps someone got it into their head to achieve "natural borders", the way France wanted "natural borders" on the Rhine? Don't ask me, it's not my timeline.

This was supposed to be a reworked version of a map I made about 2 years ago, seeing that I wasn't really content with the finished product, but this turned into something different. It is inspired by a campaign I once played in a medieval grand strategy game called Crusader Kings II. I started as the rather lowly count of Artois and managed to weasel my way into controlling more or less the entire southern part of the Netherlands (And eventually the HRE). So i tried my best to translate that scenario onto this map, I did take some liberties with borders since the CKII campaign map isn't that detailed. I know the history is way off, but this was fun to make and the final result came out better then when I tried the first time around.

again with the Karelkoning, I don't even know where you guys get the name Karelskoning but its not the Dutch for Charleroi... hell its not even a Dutch dialect for it.

Last edited:
A simple map of the world from TORG's Orrorsh scenario with some annotations taken from the game's guidebook. TORG may not have as many interesting worlds as GURPS, but some seems worth mapping.
Never played a single tabletop RPG in my life, by the way.

orrorsh final.png

Last edited:
I'm a bit unsure as to what the colors of most of the planet (pink/dark green striped and dark green) represent.

I'm a bit unsure as to what the colors of most of the planet (pink/dark green striped and dark green) represent.

It's supposed to be territories overrun by monstrosities. The dashed lines are territories once held by the Victorians and Chinese but lost in the onslaught. Sorry if I didn't clarify it in the picture.

It's supposed to be territories overrun by monstrosities. The dashed lines are territories once held by the Victorians and Chinese but lost in the onslaught. Sorry if I didn't clarify it in the picture.

Ah. So pretty much all of the world has been overrun. Things look grim.

Changes to my reverse cold war map-
Qf7JExm.png

Changed Portugal's color
Changed the colors for minor communist states and the PR of France
Added a USSA outline for Mexico to detonate puppetry.
Got rid of that little communist state in India.
Changes to Turkey (it participated in the Axis ITTL)
Gave Algeria and Tunisia to France
Gave Eritrea to Ethiopia
Made West Italy smaller
Brazil is now in a civil war. The lime is communist.
Other color adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.