Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is the map.

mumbyRedDead.png

Never played it. Isn't he the one the game protagonist is fighting? But I'll change that to something more neutral. :)

He is, but that doesn't make him the antagonist. The antagonists in this game aren't the people you're fighting, they're the people who make you fight.

i don't quite get it. There are border disputes so California decides to give up a third of their claims while Texas got all they wanted? I know the land was pretty vacant, but it still seems odd to do.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. The border dispute led to low level warfare which Texas won. So they carved a buffer state out of the land that California claimed but did not control.

Here's something that's been in the making for a while. Another global cover of Ephraim ben Raphael's An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government, this time of the Heavenly Union of Peasants and Workers.

Jesus' Brother

- The Republic of China is a functional democracy.
- The United States won the Civil War, but more states seceded and it was a bloodier affair. Notice East Tennessee?
- The Great War was between Germany, the UK and Italy fighting against France, Russia, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire. The Anglo-German-Italian alliance won.
- The Russian Civil War, after the Great War, ended with a moderate victory.
- France wasn’t so lucky - it got a crazy communist government, but an atheistic one. The French government fled to the colonies, and is run from Algiers.
- The Ottomans were the biggest losers - the Ottoman "Empire" has been reformed into a caliphate, Sunni Islam's spiritual leader akin to the OTL Vatican. It has control over Constantinople, Mecca, Medina, and parts of Jerusalem.
- The Indian Empire is a constitutional monarchy under a cadet branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha with a House of Lords elected by the rulers of the Princely States and a House of Commons elected the usual way. The result of Britain federating its empire.
- Decolonization is not as far along as it was IOTL, and there are more, and more powerful, post-colonial organizations. Most notable is the Franco-African Society, a successful monetary union of former French colonies in West Africa.

Jesus'BrotherFinal.png

Lateknight

Banned
Jesus' Brother

- The Republic of China is a functional democracy.
- The United States won the Civil War, but more states seceded and it was a bloodier affair. Notice East Tennessee?
- The Great War was between Germany, the UK and Italy fighting against France, Russia, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire. The Anglo-German-Italian alliance won.
- The Russian Civil War, after the Great War, ended with a moderate victory.
- France wasn’t so lucky - it got a crazy communist government, but an atheistic one. The French government fled to the colonies, and is run from Algiers.
- The Ottomans were the biggest losers - the Ottoman "Empire" has been reformed into a caliphate, Sunni Islam's spiritual leader akin to the OTL Vatican. It has control over Constantinople, Mecca, Medina, and parts of Jerusalem.
- The Indian Empire is a constitutional monarchy under a cadet branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha with a House of Lords elected by the rulers of the Princely States and a House of Commons elected the usual way. The result of Britain federating its empire.
- Decolonization is not as far along as it was IOTL, and there are more, and more powerful, post-colonial organizations. Most notable is the Franco-African Society, a successful monetary union of former French colonies in West Africa.

For you this scenario seems stunningly optimistic.

For you this scenario seems stunningly optimistic.

That's because the original scenario wasn't mine. :p EBR presents far more balanced worlds than I do. I've even noticed this when making the key - my worlds tend to have two or three diametrically opposed ideological blocs locked in a cold war about to go hot. He crafts far more diverse, multipolar worlds.

What he said. :D

(OTH, red France holding it together till the 21st century strikes me as unlikely).

Quibble: most Hui live in China proper, not Xinjiang. Was there some sort of ethnic cleansing thingy?

East Tennessee and west Virginia should annex the western tip of Virginia and join as Hillbillytopia.

Bruce

What he said. :D

(OTH, red France holding it together till the 21st century strikes me as unlikely).

I'm guessing they've gone the PRC route.

Quibble: most Hui live in China proper, not Xinjiang. Was there some sort of ethnic cleansing thingy?

That was EBR's idea, but if I had to guess, there was some ethnic cleansing or mass movements. Chinese history was rather bloodier in the 19th century ITTL.

East Tennessee and west Virginia should annex the western tip of Virginia and join as Hillbillytopia.

Bruce

I actually considered that. :p

That's because the original scenario wasn't mine. :p EBR presents far more balanced worlds than I do. I've even noticed this when making the key - my worlds tend to have two or three diametrically opposed ideological blocs locked in a cold war about to go hot. He crafts far more diverse, multipolar worlds.

Thank you.:) I suppose my out-look is fundamentally more optimistic than yours- which isn't quite as exciting as two or three sided cold-wars about to go hot.:p

Bruce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaqub_Beg

The above's kingdom survived, and his successor reversed many of his policies and encouraged substantial Hui immigration out of China proper. There were some fairly bloody Ugyher and Han revolts that were put down with massacres. The Hui are a plurality, together with the Uygher and other Turkish peoples they make up a Muslim majority.

At six years old, apparently. And is Italy unfixed in this map? Or that just a way I to avoid untangling the peninsula's borders at this odd angle?
Thanks.

No, and neither is the Holy Roman Empire. As said, it was produced for a roleplay, and the roleplay doesn't have a use to knowing the situation in Italy other than 'It exists' and such. If the characters end up going elsewhere, I'll make new maps and probably post them here. If it develops a deep enough plot to write good AH I'll flesh things out like the exact dimensions of the Papal Patrimony and all that rubbish.

How are these guys a great power? Cool as always.

Mostly inertia. They certainly fell backwards, but the populations and resources, and existent industry (the demands of war meant it wasn't possible to destroy as much as Pure Orangeists wanted) are so great that the APU was able to truckle along. They certainly weren't considered a Great Power by the time of van der Linde's death, but since then they've being running.

I made a map for AlternateHistoryHub's map contest, but since it didn't place, I'll post it here.

"The continent of Antipodia (An'tee'poe'dee'uh) is a continent in the center of the Indian Ocean, and is around three quarters the size of Australia in this timeline. It was originally discovered by Indian settlers in the 1700's, who traded with it frequently until they were taken over by Britain in the late 18th century. During this time, many of the natives in northern Antipodia were able to form civilizations, especially close to the forested central region.

It was rediscovered by the UK in 1806 after an attempted voyage to Australia from South Africa, and a small settlement was formed. Thinking it was Australia, Britain sent more travelers to the region, who soon found gold in the 1810's. The so-called "Antipodian Gold Rush" occurred, when Loyalists from the American Revolution rushed to this area to mine and risk their lives doing it. However, many died at the hands of the more advanced natives, and others abandoned the continent after it was found out to be separate from Australia. Northern Antipodia was the most populous still, with lush grasslands covering most of the northern region. The inner regions were not as welcoming. British settlers in the 1850's attempted to expand into the mountains, but died due to the majorly tall hills. Still, people continued to settle the coastline, while heavily avoiding the toxic center.

Over time, Antipodia was slowly decolonized. The Germans were forced to free their colonies first, after WWI ended. Italy was forced to let go of Nuova Sicilia in 1945, after the end of WWII. Britain, France, and the Netherlands began to decolonize their colonies slowly, beginning with the majority-native nations in the 1950's. The British Dominion of Oliverland was freed as the Confederation of Northern Antipodia in 1961, and is the most populous nation in Antipodia as of 1975 (with 4.7 million people). It has similar laws to South Africa at the time, heavily discriminating against the natives who decided to stay in British territory. Many were being kicked out, or forced into even smaller territories close to the border. British territories that weren't populous or native enough were turned into Dominions. The map shown below is Antipodia in 1975.

Since 1975, a few things changed in Antipodia. Northern Antipodia supposedly abolished it's segregation laws (they're lying), and many of the unorganized Native Territories in the center were divided up or given to the more civilized tribes. Two of the three British Dominions were freed, with the only one still under British control being the Avalon Islands. Antipodia's satirical motto is "Golden on the outside, molding on the inside", due to their odd environmental makeup. This continent, sometimes known simply as the "Southern Continent", is where natives and Europeans mix. May it forever live in peace.

Just the Political Map: http://imgur.com/IVlxygV
Just the Google Map: http://imgur.com/uGEhzsu
Just the Simplified Map: http://imgur.com/Sj0GUiF
Just the Topography Map: http://imgur.com/ZFaXTis"

It's way too large to upload here, so here's a link.

Very cool ASB setting, my one problem is those native preserves, which I suppose must be people on a hunter-gatherer level or not much more? Why haven't they been taken over by the tribal states? Who is doing the "preserving?"

Status
Not open for further replies.