Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for something completely different...

(probably should have used a smaller font, sorry :eek: )

Nicely done, fine bit of post-Apocalypticism. We need more regional Fallout maps. :) But I am a bit puzzled by the survival of Buenos Aires as anything other than mutant-haunted radioactive ruins in a world where Argentina participates in WWIII...

I think it's an improvement. It's been said that my books could use some maps. I'd like to do a more professional looking version of this map.

Expansion of India.png

I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Do you want just a nice-looking one, or just editable?

Nicer looking, yes. I was going for various shades of orange in the expansion part. Perhaps a little greenish tint for France and reddish one for Britain. Something that might be seen in an atlas of world history, or at least one I can use when revising AHN.

That big purple blob is Mughalstan for anyone who hasn't read my book.

The Canada one is a bit iffy. Kanata was probably the name of a village, but it probably didn't mean village. As far as I know, anyway.

Canada (kanata) means village in St. Lawrence Iroquoian but the context upon which it became relevant made it equivalent to basically any other way the natives wanted to direct Cartier to a specific place. Canada was then used as a name to refer to Stadacona (the actual name of the village) by Cartier. The thing is he also called all of the land subject to Donnacona (the chief of the area where the village was) Canada. The region on the north shore of the St. Lawrence was then was known Canada, then New France north of the river and the Great Lakes, then all of the country Canada. So yes Canada originally meant village, but that's not really relevant. A more accurate original etymological origin would be "Land under the subject of Donnacona".

The 11 in the map is super hard to find.

It's on the Magellan strait. I'll admit, it's not my prettiest map :eek:

Love the Fallout Map, cool concept.

Thank you!

Nicely done, fine bit of post-Apocalypticism. We need more regional Fallout maps. :) But I am a bit puzzled by the survival of Buenos Aires as anything other than mutant-haunted radioactive ruins in a world where Argentina participates in WWIII...

Thanks!

Argentina did not participate: it remained neutral, "Third-Way" ideology and all, but supplied both sides. When the bombs fell, neutrals were also bombed in principle: they could harbor dirty communists/capitalist pigs after all. They didn't took that much damage: if even Washington DC was still partly standing in Fallout 3, Buenos Aires and other cities would suffer much less, perhaps something like New Vegas. Many Argentines, of course, blame the Ingleses for the bombs (and are probably partly right...)

Also, two Vaults were near to the city, so there was a new influx of residents.

And yes, we do need more Fallout maps!

Last edited:
A quick and dirty map to celebrate the new map thread. It depicts the Earth Union at its inception. Most islands of the world joined the union due to rising sea levels caused by climate change.

Future.png

Last edited:
A quick and dirty map to celebrate the new map thread. It depicts the Earth Union at its inception. Most islands of the world joined the union due to rising sea levels caused by climate change.
What's the connection between the Earth and European Unions? How big was the latter at the establishment of the former?

What's the connection between the Earth and European Unions? How big was the latter at the establishment of the former?

Before the creation of the Earth Union the European Union included all current members plus Norway, Iceland, Scotland, Ukraine (minus part of the Crimea), and the rest of the Balkan States. When the Earth Union was founded the European Union was dissolved.

What happened to the Euro when the Earth Union was formed? Also, I see a few separatist movements have seceded (Nigeria, Scotland, Somalialand, Azawad, Flanders/Wallonia). Any other major political changes we should know about?

How far into the future? North Korea still being a dick?

Looks like you got lazy/random with coloring. :p
What happened to the Euro when the Earth Union was formed? Also, I see a few separatist movements have seceded (Nigeria, Scotland, Somalialand, Azawad, Flanders/Wallonia). Any other major political changes we should know about?

The all important Bioko, of course, is the capital of this new EU, having seceded from Equatorial Guinea.

How far into the future? North Korea still being a dick?

Looks like you got lazy/random with coloring. :p

No real date but I figured near the mid to the end of the century.

North Korea's regime has since fallen but reconstruction efforts have prevented a unification with the South. Once things are up and running it will be admitted into the union and reunify with South Korea.

It has been morphed into the Earth dollar for lack of a better term. There is a central bank of the union that directs monetary policy.

Separatist movements in Central Asia and Africa have given birth to several new countries. Yemen has been absorbed into Saudi Arabia while the Alawites have their own nation, the Kurds of Syria have joined their Iraqi brethren, and there is a new Arab Union composing of Sunni Iraq, Syria, and Jordan.

Oh it is hard to see but Assyria and Sabah are part of the union. East and West Malaysia have also separated with the East being now known as Sarawak

I worked on a Unified Earth before, but I centered it around the Indian Ocean. It kind of mutated out of the non-aligned movement. Realistic? Perhaps not, but having New Delhi as the capital of Unified Earth is certainly a different approach.

Last edited:
I worked on a Unified Earth before, but I centered it around the Indian Ocean. It kind of mutated out of the non-aligned movement. Realistic? Perhaps not, but having New Delhi as the capital of Unified Earth is certainly a different approach.

Maybe not realistic but it is interesting and cool to see a different approach. I have considered doing one based out of a Russia-China union thing

This would be great for an MotF entry.

This is Planet Earth
Make a map showing one of the initial stages of a united worldwide political entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.