Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can safely sum up this update with the statement 'Americans are idiots'. Atomic punk vs. ~90s military tech. Will Uber Germany triumph, or will the American's love of tactical nukes win them the day? Find out next time on the silly nonsense timeline that sees American wonder weapons battle pragmatic Germans.

silly.png

This is my first attempt at a map. Here I tried to go for a cross between a "Remnants of Rome" scenario with Carthage, combined with that of an idea where Seleucus I Nicator isn't assassinated by Ptolemy Keraunos so he ends up conquering Macedon and unifying much of Alexander's old empire, save for Egypt. Carthage expands into the Iberian peninsula but its use of mercenary armies catch up to it and the city falls to a coalition of mercenary units and Numidians who carve up Carthage's empire. The Phoenician colonies that don't end up becoming personal fiefdoms of these mercenary warlords or the Numidians pledge their allegiance to Ishfania or Libim. The Adeui unify the Gauls into a large, mighty Celtic empire while the Parthians are defeated by the Seleucids and forced west, heading straight into Dacia. Rome is of course weaker, because well....it wouldn't be interesting if things didn't change for them but they're still relatively powerful as the middlemen of the Mediterranean. :p

Remnants-of-Carthage.png

We can safely sum up this update with the statement 'Americans are idiots'. Atomic punk vs. ~90s military tech. Will Uber Germany triumph, or will the American's love of tactical nukes win them the day? Find out next time on the silly nonsense timeline that sees American wonder weapons battle pragmatic Germans.

I’m not sure I’m seeing why? War declared, I guess?

It lies on a body of water which is connected to the North Sea....and you get the point! :p

So what is the German Fleet doing? Are they worried about their colony?

Who does Portugal favor?

Also how interested are the Japanese in the Dutch East Indies, given they are being supplied by Russia and having trouble with the Communists in China. Wouldn't it be better if they just set up a 'Japanese-East Indies Company' (like deal) to get what they want with out the need to put boots on the ground. Would also help the image of the Pro-French government (not make them look like puppets). Or does Japan only see land with resources and go "MINE!" :p

Why would people think the crown Prince is unprepared to lead the nation? He was a General in WW1, at Verdun even.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I’m seeing why? War declared, I guess?
The Americans have invaded Greenland and Germany's Pacific holdings, as well as their Caribbean islands. They thought the Germans were weak after the whole African retreat thingy and decided now was the momeny to strike of 'Murica to rule supreme.

Deleted member 67076

This is my first attempt at a map. Here I tried to go for a cross between a "Remnants of Rome" scenario with Carthage, combined with that of an idea where Seleucus I Nicator isn't assassinated by Ptolemy Keraunos so he ends up conquering Macedon and unifying much of Alexander's old empire, save for Egypt. Carthage expands into the Iberian peninsula but its use of mercenary armies catch up to it and the city falls to a coalition of mercenary units and Numidians who carve up Carthage's empire. The Phoenician colonies that don't end up becoming personal fiefdoms of these mercenary warlords or the Numidians pledge their allegiance to Ishfania or Libim. The Adeui unify the Gauls into a large, mighty Celtic empire while the Parthians are defeated by the Seleucids and forced west, heading straight into Dacia. Rome is of course weaker, because well....it wouldn't be interesting if things didn't change for them but they're still relatively powerful as the middlemen of the Mediterranean. :p

Awesome map!!!

So what is the German Fleet doing? Are they worried about their colony?

Who does Portugal favor?

Also how interested are the Japanese in the Dutch East Indies, given they are being supplied by Russia and having trouble with the Communists in China. Wouldn't it be better if they just set up a 'Japanese-East Indies Company' (like deal) to get what they want with out the need to put boots on the ground. Would also help the image of the Pro-French government (not make them look like puppets). Or does Japan only see land with resources and go "MINE!" :p

Why would people think the crown Prince is unprepared to lead the nation? He was a General in WW1, at Verdun even.

That last part is due to butterflies that changed his role in WWI.

The Germans do have more ships stationed in East Africa yes, but they are also heavily invested in the North Sea against the French and the Baltic against the Russians (who have a sub par navy to say the least). The Germans are better than the Russians by far, but the Belgium pocket is too far away from their power projection capabilities to successfully evacuate the troops without risking the destruction of the High Seas Fleet in the process.

Portugal doesn't care for either side, much like Britain.

The Japanese will likely turn the Dutch East Indies into the OTL version of French Indochina. The colonies will remain Dutch but with heavy Japanese influence and with most of the resources being sent to Japan to help her maintain control over her conquered bits of China.

Is Egypt Kushite or post-Punic?

Are the Anxi alternate Huns, or a related people?

Are the Numidians still proto-Berbers, or have they been Punicized?

Are the Parthians Dacianized or do they still speak their own dialect?

Are the Basques Celts, or just 'undercover' in Varduli and Aquitani lands?

In any case, badass map and scenario.

That last part is due to butterflies that changed his role in WWI.

The Germans do have more ships stationed in East Africa yes, but they are also heavily invested in the North Sea against the French and the Baltic against the Russians (who have a sub par navy to say the least). The Germans are better than the Russians by far, but the Belgium pocket is too far away from their power projection capabilities to successfully evacuate the troops without risking the destruction of the High Seas Fleet in the process.

Portugal doesn't care for either side, much like Britain.

The Japanese will likely turn the Dutch East Indies into the OTL version of French Indochina. The colonies will remain Dutch but with heavy Japanese influence and with most of the resources being sent to Japan to help her maintain control over her conquered bits of China.

So what, may I ask is the pod?

Ok, I just wondered if they were affected by the Coup in Spain or had their own dictator. In otl ww1 they did fight against Germany.

Makes sense. Japan needs more resources to fight it's war in China to gain resources.

Wait what. :p

Is Egypt Kushite or post-Punic?

Its rulers are Kushite and the name of Kush in their language is Kas. But since Kush has much in common with Egypt religiously and culturally, the Kushite rulers have acclimated well in Egypt. The Kushite Empire is more attuned to Egyptian culture than the Ptolemies ever were but there is still a significant minority of Greeks living in Lower Egypt, especially in Alexandria and Naucratis. The Pharaohs are aware of the Greeks' uses and thus keep them around as long as they don't cause much trouble.

Are the Anxi alternate Huns, or a related people?

They are the Parthians. They've been busy amassing control over the Iranian tribes in the steppes for an invasion of Dacia.

Are the Numidians still proto-Berbers, or have they been Punicized?

Since most of the population under the control of the Numidians live in the coast, and the Phoenician colonies are the ones that dot along the coast, then yes Masaesylis is predominately Punic in culture. The leaders though, kind of like the Ostrogoths in Italy, are trying to keep the Numidians and Phoenicians separate and distinct which is failing of course. Ethnic lines have blurred a bit.

Are the Parthians Dacianized or do they still speak their own dialect?

They still speak Pahlavanik though it's peppered more with Greek, (and yes) Dacian, Caucasian and East Germanic loan-words due to being in contact with those people.

Are the Basques Celts, or just 'undercover' in Varduli and Aquitani lands?

Basques have not assimilated nor are close to. They're the dominant element in regards to the population amongst the territories ruled by the Varduli and Aquitani but they are not the dominant cultural element if you get me. They'll survive of course and due to the constant wars between the Adeui empire and the Punicized Ishfanians, Basque mercenaries are getting a good reputation as fierce fighters so they're being used all over Iberia and southern Gaul.

In any case, badass map and scenario.

Thanks. As for the date of the map, I have it pegged to be around 245 AD. Well it wouldn't be 245 AD, it would be a date in another calendar system but yeah.

Oh, I thought the Parthians were in Dacia because the Iazyges were Iranian. So Dacia is just regular-ol' Thracian?

Slowly working towards meeting a non-slow deadline on VT45's airline contest. I started far too late and have a vanishingly slim chance of meeting it unless I do something silly like make myself tea right now and pull an all-nighter tonight, but I'm hoping I get an E for Effort. :p

From the universe of the "Second Asterisk" map game in shared worlds, the flag carrier of the Kingdom of Gautland, in OTL southern Sweden and the Danish islands (with gratuitous Caribbean island holdout :D).

So what, may I ask is the pod?

Ok, I just wondered if they were affected by the Coup in Spain or had their own dictator. In otl ww1 they did fight against Germany.

Makes sense. Japan needs more resources to fight it's war in China to gain resources.

Wait what. :p

Very minor personality-related PODs going back to the early 1900s. The major PODs take place in 1916 and 1917 (no USW, the US doesn't enter the war, Germany's 1917-1918 Western Front Offensives work, ect ect)

Indeed they did. In this world Portugal remains neutral, just as it was in WWII. They're likely more or less the same as OTL at this point.

Lol paradox.

(Takes a quick looks at thread)

Very good! What's that Muslim-sounding city in the northern Gallia area, Aesir?

Bruce

(Takes a quick looks at thread)

Very good! What's that Muslim-sounding city in the northern Gallia area, Aesir?

Bruce

Good question I guess, since I didn't notice anything Muslim-sounding. :p:eek:

Hafyr-Sted is the co-capital (with Lundyn) of Friesland, if that's it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.