Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sweet! New map thread. First! :D

Anyway, I'll start it off with this work in progress map for my "linguistic" timeline (same as the Amerikan language map came from):
naling.png

The countries here are from north to south Canada, the republic of Columbia, the USA, the union republic of Deseret and Oregon (usually known simply as Oregon), the republic of California, and Mexico.

The year is 1987, same as the previous map. There are still unresolved territorial disputes between California and Oregon (California's claims are based on an old treaty signed by the British and Mexico in 1856 granting the territories "west of the Colorado river and on the to coast of the Pacific ocean" to California, while Oregon cites a later peace treaty defining the limits of the territories of Oregon and Deseret which California regards as a temporary cease fire line only). The two have been in several wars, the latest in the 1950s, leading to the current status quo, which no one is satisfied with. The League of Nations is on the case, trying to decide on an official ruling, but the decision has been stalled since the mid 80s.

I still need to give Mexico states, and I don't know what to do with the Canadian provinces (the current are just on the map provisionally), nor if I'm satisfied with the provinces of Columbia (they are called Alaska, Yukon and British Columbia, btw).

EDIT: Also, obviously, Hawaii should not be American. Probably I'll make the independent in 1987, having been a British colony until the 1960s.

naling.png

Last edited:
A couple things that strike me: why is Newfoundland still a territory? You'd think it'd be settled enough to qualify for provincehood, what with being on the coast and everything. Second why grab that small corner of Greenland? It's probably the least habitable part of the island, and has almost no population or resources worth the bother.

A couple things that strike me: why is Newfoundland still a territory? You'd think it'd be settled enough to qualify for provincehood, what with being on the coast and everything. Second why grab that small corner of Greenland? It's probably the least habitable part of the island, and has almost no population or resources worth the bother.

Newfoundland was recently added to the Dominion of Canada and is supposed to remain a territory for the first year within the Dominion (weird laws, yay!). For Greenland, well... [Austrian accent] Rule of Cool! [/Austrian accent]

And what about the province names? Are they fine?

Newfoundland was recently added to the Dominion of Canada and is supposed to remain a territory for the first year within the Dominion (weird laws, yay!). For Greenland, well... [Austrian accent] Rule of Cool! [/Austrian accent]

And what about the province names? Are they fine?

I think so. They seem to in the same general spirit as OTL Canada's so.

Can I ask a question to Lascupa? Earlier, the British holdings in "Zenobia" was seperate. Now they are united. Was the two holdings seperate dominions before, or was they the same dominion?

Germany won re-done: World in 1927

Germany engages war with France as for our TL in 1914 after the death of the Austrian heir at Sarajiavo.
In this TL Italy sided with the central powers after reciving the (secret) promise from Germany to recive Trento and Istria.

The war gone wild and savage as in our timeline, with French pressing Italians in Val d'Aosta and Piemonte.

However, after a punitive expedition broke Russia in 1916, France fate is signed.
Germans marched in Central France wihile Italians, at least, and after a bloodbath, invaded Savoie and Nizza.

The war ended in August 1918, after occupation of Paris.
In Versailles, for the second time, Germany forced France to peace.
Isolated(USA never entered in the war), UK cannot do much and signed peace some times later.

Germany divided the spoils of war between them and Italy(forcing Italy to accept more land to punish France).
Italy gets maghreb and Germany Central Africa.
Belgian Congo goesw to Germany as well as Rodhesia and Malawi(That become a some sort of Protectorate), Boer states gain again indipendence but under heavely german influence.
Northern France is occupied by Germany and Provence by Italy.

As Japan sided with U.K, Germans took a revenge returning Taiwan to China and strength them in oppistion to British India and Russia and Japan.

In East Europe, Germany deprived Russia of Baltic states.
Create and indipendent Poland and a Free(but influenced) Belarus and Ukraine.
The same appened in Georgia and Armenia.

In the meanwhile the situation in Austria-Hungary become more and more critical and at last, in the early '20s the empire collapsed.
Italy fought a brief war against Hungary(where, anyway, the Hapsburg escaped) while Austria goes annexed by German empire as well Bohemia-Moravia "to protect" german people living in that places.

Ottoman empire falls too due to a war with Greece(sided neutral in WWI and so reciving Cyprus).
At least turks win, but they loose the empire.
Italy tooks Syria/Lebanon and Palestine/Giordania(to defend Jerusalem) and Germany is satisfied with Iraq and its oil-fields.

1914prewwi.png

KCammy

Banned
A "little" ASB

The world of my dreams, mainly to get on the front page of this thread. :p

I hope you like the level of detail I attempted to put into it...

8ruVL.png

since my last map was at the very end of the old one and im not sure people will be able to see it, ill repost it here:

here's a little something i finished a few minutes ago :)

using a few projected diagrams on wikipedia as a basis, i altered a basic blank map that is commonly seen here to create a map of the world with a slight change: the mediterranean is noticeably smaller because of the atlantropa project's completion

i was working on this for the next edition of my United Earth Government project's map of earth. in order to supply greater amounts of electricity to the mediterranean and the area around it (in particular, im thinking of west africa), the UEG decided to go through with sorgel's plans for a hydroelectric dam spanning the strait of gibralter. forget any racist implications that the original idea and architect had; ITTL, the project was begun and completed for the benefit of everyone in the mediterranean region and not just the europeans

for other ATLs, you could chalk it up as being in the 1920s like sorgel originally planned (it could perhaps go well in an axis-victory ATL) or perhaps an ASB scenario in which the mediterranean is naturally more shallow than IOTL

for my UEG project, the project would not be begun until...lets say 200 years after the initial unification of the Republic of Humankind. once i complete the pacific and antarctic provincial borders, ill start working on the rest of them
and in response to Ares96's question in the last thread, its simply easier to type without bothering with capitalization :p

looking back at the map, it occurs to me that theres a river that doesnt go anywhere on the map now :p

Atlantropa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.