Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krall

Banned
That JPEG artifacting is WAY too beautiful (yes, beautiful) to be anything but on purpose.

I'm pretty dang sure he WAS just a straight-up troll and not anyone legit.

For my reasoning behind this, see the following.

Warning: … I was trying to think of something applicable, but nothing really covers it… You'll see.

I did think he was trying to make a reference to Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff at first, but "Niggers Colonies" was just too far.

To be fair (*snort*), no other map I've ever seen has had Switzerland pack up and move to Pará, Brazil and then DREDGE OUT THE LAND TO MAKE THEMSELVES AN ISLAND.

That's some serious dedication to neutrality right there.

I actually saw a (mis-)printed map once where Switzerland had been moved to the middle of the North Sea, and there was a large Switzerland-shaped lake where it used to be...

I just hope Alen meant to say 'Nigerian colonies' and not 'Niggers colonies' with his 'Nigers coloniz', but I fear he didn't mean that, because Nigeria was part of the 'Arabs Islam Coloniz', and Arabia is part of 'Big Israel'

But well, let's stop talking about him, because it does ruin the thread.

-1st Araldyan History
-2nd Journey though the Ancient Lands
-3rd Foederatio Araldyanae
-4th The House of Mancein
-5th Romarium
-6th The Kingdom of Narbone
-7th The Empire of Teitchland
-8th Seksen
-9th Basileia ton Romanion 1568
-10th The World 1568

-11th Christianity
-12th The World 1004-1568
-13th UPDATED 1907
-14th Mythologica
-15th Europe 395-600 (The Fall of Rome)
-16th Araldyana 1425
-17th Araldyana 1428
-18th Araldyana 1283
-19th Araldyana 1287-1302
-20th New Rome/Hellenica 1856
-21st The World 1856
-22nd Dynasties and Families of the Early Empire
-23rd Constantinian Britain
-24th Aelian Regency

The Empire under Caesar Avitus I. (498-518)
Imperator Caesar Flavius Avitus Pius:
The later Caesar Avitus Pius is born as Flavius Avitus in the year 479 somewhere near Constantinople as the son of Emperor Gregorius.
493 his brother Flavius Iustinus becomes the new Roman Empire. Iustinus does not like his brother at all and so Avitus is send to the reconquered areas in Hispania and Britannia.
Iustinus appointed him as Caesar of Britannia and promised him the rule over Hispania after the Hispanian Revolt is over.

Avitus never became Caesar in all the western regions of the empire (mainly because Iustinus lied and Hispania was lost). 498 he arrived in Britannia.
Avitus later became known as the Pious because the Saxons and Franks converted to Christianty under his rule. That was not his merit but Licinius'. The former general of Gothicus was able to convert the "Rex" of the Germani Rambald to Christianity.
The Caesar consolidated the empire and conquered Cornunia. It became a semi-independent area in the Empire. Germania (Minor) also received some indendence.
Germania is de facto ruled by the Saxon "Forst" (King/Prince) of Linrik. The "Kunning Saksena en Frankena"/"Kunning af di Saksen en Franken" is de jure a rank above the Forst of Linrik and controls Germania and Linrik but de facto the pagan Forst Eadmund rules all Germanic lands in Britain.

Avitus dies 518.

Administration of Britannia:

-Diocese Britannia

--Province of Cornunia
---Cornunia (autonomous)

--Province of Britannia
---Germania (autonomous)
---Tamesium
---Litus Cantiacium

Map of Britannia in the year 518:
oYmkA.png

Bravo, bravo. I really enjoy it.
Thanks. :D
An advice, that i gave all the time, try to make a sketch on paper of what you want BEFORE using a basemap.

By using an evermade map, you'll increase the risk that your final map don't reflect your TL's spirit. At the contrary, by making a sketch, it's YOU that impose the map what you have in mind.

Oh, and try quit this basemap when you could use a different one. It's overused, and should be reserved to B_Munroeists.
I had actually thought about that, but hadn't much got around to it, and my drawings are actually much worse, and therefore very hard to try to correlate to the computer.

I'm actually going to work on a different map depicting the same TL, just because the TL I wrote wasn't crappy for once... :rolleyes:

Anyone ever made a map for someone to show someone how much they mean to you?
I hate to say it, but I have. Although I don't know whats worse, the fact it got me the date, or that I actually done it in the first place...

A HRE-ized Italy.

I don't have an idea for the POD, but I have come up with the current diplomatic situation.

The Neapolitan Zone.

Ruled by the various major families, a series of marriages have managed to expand some of the greatest economic and military powers, creating states more powerful than anything else.

The Archduchy of Nieve is in the center, being tugged by the major powers. Eternally a bit of a recluse when it comes to nations, and one whose people are often rude to those who don't share the state-sponsored worldviews. Wars have removed much of the prestige the Archduchy once had.

The Archduke, Boreo Nieve IV, has managed to pull of two minor diplomatic coups, with the formation of the Central Freistat Zone (CFZ) in opposition to the more regulated economic alliances between the other states, and the reconciliation with the Queen of Embaro over coffee a few days before he wedding to the Lord of Givo. The Unification treaties have brought new peace to the region. However, tensions are rising.

If a war happens, Nieve will be the first to go.

The Archduke has begun to count the days.​

StatesofItalypostunificationtreaty.png

Very interesting. But some corrections should be done :

-Sygarius' domain. He certainly didn't controlled that much territory, at the contrary of traditionnal representations. At best, he controlled the core and had a relative influence on the remaining

-Frisia : I'm not sure the Franks controlled that much of Frisia. In fact, this borders looks like the one three centuries later.

-Cantabria : Why the Asturias and Cantabria are colored the same as the British islands?

-Vascons : They probably controlled much territory in the north, Labourd's region within. And probably the north part of upper's Ebre valley.

And finally, i think you should represent the Gepid Kingdom in Dacia, as well the Ghassanids Arabs, as we know roughly their expansion.

A HRE-ized Italy.

I don't have an idea for the POD, but I have come up with the current diplomatic situation.

The Neapolitan Zone.

Ruled by the various major families, a series of marriages have managed to expand some of the greatest economic and military powers, creating states more powerful than anything else.

The Archduchy of Nieve is in the center, being tugged by the major powers. Eternally a bit of a recluse when it comes to nations, and one whose people are often rude to those who don't share the state-sponsored worldviews. Wars have removed much of the prestige the Archduchy once had.

The Archduke, Boreo Nieve IV, has managed to pull of two minor diplomatic coups, with the formation of the Central Freistat Zone (CFZ) in opposition to the more regulated economic alliances between the other states, and the reconciliation with the Queen of Embaro over coffee a few days before he wedding to the Lord of Givo. The Unification treaties have brought new peace to the region. However, tensions are rising.

If a war happens, Nieve will be the first to go.

The Archduke has begun to count the days.​

Is that just around the immediate Naples area? Goddamn, that's fractured.

Status
Not open for further replies.