Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middle East in the 30s

The Britsh actually create the promised Arab superstate.
In turn the Arabs stick to the Fasial-Weizmann agreement (as they are in a terible need of experts).
The Saudis get crushed by the combined Hashemite Forces and several of the smaller kingdoms survive.
France is appeased with a protectorate in southern Turkey.

Faissal.png

Nver mind about the colour thing, i just used Ukraine's color... Anyway, heres a map with the main POD being the Mongol Empire taking longer to collapse, and keeping 3 decent sized successors well into the future, there where a few others too... I'll do the colonization and ETC of the new world tomorrow... Not sure of the currant date of the map, but sometime around the late 16oos, Oh yeah and because of ... stuff the Byzantines where able to beat back the Turks, and Hungary avoided being under Austrian over lordship, and I left the HRE as they where in 1300, because of Imperial Reform. (read: Laziness) This is the most recent in a set,i may post those later.
EDIT: Damn, so tired i thought the French would leave England alone and let it keep Aquitaine... And one of the succesors took over another, forgot about that, so there are only 2 decent sized successors. CRAP. I even left the "OTL--1300" there :p:eek::(

What's with the country that controls OTL Khazaria?

Middle East in the 30s

In turn the Arabs stick to the Fasial-Weizmann agreement (as they are in a terible need of experts).
The Saudis get crushed by the combined Hashemite Forces and several of the smaller kingdoms survive.

It's okay.........let's just hope the Zionists don't get massacred and/or have a violent ultra-right splinter group taking over the movement, and perhaps even the whole area{the Betarim did both in OTL, sadly. Google them :(}......I mean, I guess it's under the protection of the AF in a way, but who knows what radical Muslims, especially the Wahhabis, might do, anyway?

Thande

Donor
Middle East in the 30s

Not a bad idea for a map, but the OTL Iraqi and Jordanian borders would not exist if an Arab Federation had been created. They were drawn up by Winston Churchill to balance the oil interests of the British mandates of Iraq and Transjordan with those of Saudi Arabia.

Also I'm not sure the Kurds would be terribly happy being part of an Arab Federation...

Susano

Banned
Think Zion or the Lebanese are any more found of the idea? And those poor Palestinians...

Why wouldnt the Lebanese? They are all Arabs, the problems just different religions and denominations. And why wouldnt the Palestinians? They surely are Arabs. And the inclusion of "Zion" is probably just a necessity... but an Arab Federation Kurdistan is kinda odd...

Thande

Donor
Why wouldnt the Lebanese? They are all Arabs, the problems just different religions and denominations. And why wouldnt the Palestinians? They surely are Arabs. And the inclusion of "Zion" is probably just a necessity... but an Arab Federation Kurdistan is kinda odd...

And as my uncle is fond of noting to people who think Iran is an Arab country, Jews are basically Arabs in everything but religion as well.

Europe, 1908. Just before the start of the Great War.

The Entente

Major Powers:
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (London)
-Dominion of Estonia
-Dominion of Crimea
-British overseas territories and dominions
Kingdom of France (Paris)
-French overseas territories
United Crowns of Sweden and Prussia (Stockholm)
-United Crowns overseas territories
Kingdom of Austria (Vienna)
Minor Powers:
Kingdom of the Netherlands (Amsterdam)
-Dutch overseas territories
Kingdom of Albania (Tirana)
Kingdom of Yugoslavia (Belgrade)
Kingdom of Poland (Warsaw)
Kingdom of Greece (Athens)
Kingdom of Portugal (Lisbon)
-Portugese overseas territories

The Prague Pact
Major Powers:
Kingdom of Germany (Dresden)
-German overseas territories
Russian Empire (St. Petersburg)
-Grand Duchy of Lithuania (Vilnius)
Ottoman Empire (Constantinople)
Kingdom of Hungary (Budapest)
Minor Powers:
Kingdom of Denmark (Aarhus)
Kingdom of Rumania (Bucharest)
Republic of the Ukraine (Kiev)
Kingdom of Italy (Rome)
Kingdom of Bulgaria (Sofia)

Hapsburg Crisis.png

Hapsburg Crisis.png

I suppose that Denmark can not legally cede Bornholm wouldn't really matter with a Sweden-Prussia that would rather take portions of Zealand than Holstein.

Nver mind about the colour thing, i just used Ukraine's color... Anyway, heres a map with the main POD being the Mongol Empire taking longer to collapse, and keeping 3 decent sized successors well into the future, there where a few others too... I'll do the colonization and ETC of the new world tomorrow... Not sure of the currant date of the map, but sometime around the late 16oos, Oh yeah and because of ... stuff the Byzantines where able to beat back the Turks, and Hungary avoided being under Austrian over lordship, and I left the HRE as they where in 1300, because of Imperial Reform. (read: Laziness) This is the most recent in a set,i may post those later.

I'll buy a two-way east-to-west split of Siberia: a three way one is a bit much.

Bruce

On the base that Iranians have nothing to do with Arabs, or at least only as much as Jews do.

---

Perhaps I'm misreading it, but he seems to be saying the Iranians don't have the same religion as the Arabs either... :confused: Was that supposed to mean "aside from their religion, Jews have just as much in common with the Arabs as do the Iranians?"

Bruce

Multiple surviving Roman successors - interesting! Couple questions: that red outline around the states in western Europe: does that indicate a federation of some sort, and if so, why is Francia split? Second, who are the chaps in Iran?

Bruce

The Red outline indecates the Holy Roman Empire,the reason why Austrasia is not part of the HRE is becauses the King of Francia is going to split his kingdom between his two sons as part of Frankish law, but he would be obligated as Holy Roman Emperor to pass all his land to his eldest son if all the land was part of the HRE.

The blokes in Iran are the Huns. The Huns broke into three factions two stayed in Eastern Europe and united and eventually became the Baltic state of Hunnia the Eastern faction went through the Caucuses and invaded Sassanid Persia while the Hua invaded from the east. The Huns conquered Persia and pushed the Hua out of Persia and have begun expanding into India.

Wow.........looks like the French won't be getting their western homeland back anytime soon, and will probably turn into Germans eventually. :eek:
And the Turks took over Khazaria? I do hope those poor Jews didn't start disappearing all over the place. :(

And how did the 'Gokturks' conquer Romania, btw? They were nowhere near Eastern Europe in OTL{well, unless you consider the Circassian area to be part of that region.......they weren't too far from there, really.}.

It does sound interesting though; best of luck to you. :D

The French never had a western homeland, that has been the Western Roman Empire for Centuries.

The Khazarturks are destined to become Jews :D though they may face trouble once the Bulgars come.

the Gokturks were pushed by the Khazarturks.

Some Lebanese view themselves as Phonecians while others see themselves as being more European that the Arabs. Some say they only joined the groups for Arab speakers do to threats for their survival. And I meant that the Palestinians are placed under the rule of Damascus, instead of something nearer. And I can see that having a group for Mount Zion would make about as much sense Mount Lebanon. Still the issue of whatever Turkomen are going around the areas. And I would have hoped that the Kurds wouldn't have had all the land they took by slaughtering Assyrian Christians this time aorund.

am I gonna get a comment on my post or what? :confused:

In terms of mappery, those simple shapes for the German satellites have to go and be replaced by more detailed and realistic borders: also, unless you deliberately chose those fuzzy white borders on your colored areas, you probably want to use a different map base or format (are you saving as bitmap? Jpeg? Png?)

As for the scenario, Wilhelm was the German emperor, not the Austrian one: secondly, besides that fact that it would greatly add to Austrian internal problems, annexing Romania outright was really not something the Austrians had any interest or inclination for doing.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.