Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
italy lost 3/4 of its land but kept colonies :eek:

Yeah, thinking that over, I changed that to a united Italy on the new map. Prussia also expanded slightly, as did French Canada.

The basic idea for the map was "Napoleon kept his throne" and "the United States had moderately more powerful neighbors throughout its history."

Random crazy map (took this from a crappy 1815 base map)...

MapOfItaly.png

Time to inaugerate the new thread with a slapped together althist, PoD in the migration age.

*Map and key*
That's a very beautiful pixel map, Nugax. My only complaint is that the system for showing alliances is very confusing and takes a while to figure out.

It's about time I posted a map on here.
This is a relativity random one, basic PoD is an American revolution where Canada plays along (or at least part of it).
I suppose it is notable for having a Canada that is both larger and much smaller that it is/was IOTL.;)
Oh, and the FsNA was put in as a bit of an afterthought, don't read too much into it.
*Very nice map*
Ooh! That's quite pretty. You've really got a typical modern map feel going in that.

Krall

Banned
beautiful map, the only problem is the strange southern border of post latin states in sahara.

There's a general consensus that images should be removed from quotations; they eat up bandwidth, I think. In any case it's rather annoying to see the image over and over again.

Random crazy map (took this from a crappy 1815 base map)...

The borders look rather messily drawn, and the image appears to have been saved as a .jpg, which seriously destroys any image's quality.

beautiful map, the only problem is the strange southern border of post latin states in sahara.

What? In a desert where hardly anyone lives lines of longitude and latitude are some of the best ways to mark territory since they don't rely on shifting desert landmarks. Plus it was arbitrated by Asian and Barbarian powers who didn't give two shits about the geography of the Sahara and just wanted the Great Uprising to end and global trade to return to normal.

This is a relativity random one, basic PoD is an American revolution where Canada plays along (or at least part of it).
I suppose it is notable for having a Canada that is both larger and much smaller that it is/was IOTL.;)
Oh, and the FsNA was put in as a bit of an afterthought, don't read too much into it.

I love it :D

Time to inaugerate the new thread with a slapped together althist, PoD in the migration age.
My favorite maps of the the new thread, though Norton's map and the Communist Malaysia map get honorable mentions.

The DoD World in 1971 after the Civil War. {WIP}

This is a first draft of what the world of DoD might look like in 1971 after a breakout of the U.S. civil war in 1939-45.

Spoilers:

1. The U.S. doesn't survive its own hubris and breaks apart completely.
2. Republican Canada is doing quite well, and its population has been skyrocketing due to the large number of former Americans coming onto its shores.
3. The most notable of the U.S. successor states are Jefferson{sage green}, the Republic of Florida{baby blue}, California{cyan}, New Cabotia{dark blue}, The Federal States of America {yellow} and Cascadia {light blue}, with the more isolated ones being the Oregon Free State and the Yucatan Republic.
4. Britain has since recovered from the Great War and formed the Trans-National Commonwealth with the Australians.
5. Denmark and Norway are British puppet states.
6. The false U.S. gov't was largely destroyed, but they, along with some friends, have set up shop in various places..........try to guess where.
7. The Russian gov't collapsed in 1941 as a side effect of the Civil War.......guess who took over?{Bonus points if you can guess what name I was planning to give it........or even if you're close. ;)}

There will be more revealed as I improve on this concept.............in the meantime, please tell me what you think about this first draft of mine. :cool:

DoD 1971.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.