Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map for a steampunk RP I'll be running...eventually.

Viva la California!

Steampunk Map.PNG

Near the end of the recent map thread that just got concluded/locked, I posted the "world at war with itself" map game/TL that others and I worked on in the ASB forum.

Some countries got eliminated that I wish weren't. I and another poster worked on a more 'ideal' ending (what it would have looked like if we had to do it all over again...the direction we would have tried to nudge it towards IOW).

In the canon version of the TL, only six countries survived (US, UK, Germany, Russia, India, and China).

In this 'wishful thinking' version, 10 countries survived (US, Brazil, Spain, UK, Germany, Israel, Russia, India, China, and Japan).

Still Turkey falls?

Long live the New Map Thread! :D

To celebrate such a joyous occasion, a quick map of Communist Malaya. *hears many groans* What?!

Caution : The map is quite big

Malaysia_states_blank.png

Malaysia_states_blank.png

Changed my colour scheme slightly. I would love some feedback on colours.

Keeping in mind, my colour-choosing is based on how often I use a specific country, and my maps are always heavily-colonial (Brazil added to add a splash of colour to the Americas).

The map is just me playing around, but I see it as a semi-plausible outcome of a Napoleonic stalemate. Spain remains neutral. The colour outlining Spain, its colonies and the Spanglo:)p)-American countries is my Spanish-successor colour, often used for Colombia, or in this case an economic Federation along the lines of the EU.

I would particularly like comments on my style of sphere-of-influence shading (see China). I think the lightening of colours is more aesthetically pleasing than the outright solid colouring. Map in following post, so this is all readable without scrolling.

Edit: The idea of softening colours (you'll notice they aren't so sharp as the UCS) is inspired by Iori's colour scheme (particularly France). Otherwise, credit goes to a mixture of my own "genius" and a colour scheme in a historical atlas I have (you can thank that for Turkish Brown). Additionally, I use dotted lines to represent colonial divisions and autonomous zones (in other words, areas that are governed separately).

EditEdit: Two things that might particularly tickle your fancy, Spanish Hawaii (don't think I've ever seen that) and Spanish Taiwan!

EditEditEdit: Crap, realised I accidentally saved it when I filled in Gran Colombia to check out that colour. Oh well, you can see it better there if you want, but that should be grey with purple-grey outlining like Mexico, etc.

Last edited:

KCammy

Banned
The map thread is dead! Long live the map thread! Ahem... Sorry...

Long live the New Map Thread! :D

To celebrate such a joyous occasion, a quick map of Communist Malaya. *hears many groans* What?!

Caution : The map is quite big

I counter your communist Malaya, with an uber communist Britain!

(Britain, and her vassals and puppets are outlined)

1861unfinished.png

It's about time I posted a map on here.
This is a relativity random one, basic PoD is an American revolution where Canada plays along (or at least part of it).
I suppose it is notable for having a Canada that is both larger and much smaller that it is/was IOTL.;)
Oh, and the FsNA was put in as a bit of an afterthought, don't read too much into it.
ocean1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.