Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally focusing on the rival British and Russian Empires when I made this map, but the thing that catches my eye now is the Portuguese wank.

Sepia Empires.png

icifdt.png
This is my forth map and it is a map detailing North America after “The Great American War”. The Year is 1908 and the bitter conflict is finally over. The British had been unaware that the Americans had attacked Canada for a full three weeks. After discovering it the British Declared war on the United States of America. Seeking an alliance from the Mexican Empire the British attempted to make a deal with them, this would fail as the Mexicans had been offered a deal that was far more appealing. While the Americans attacked Canada the Mexicans could attack the other central American nations with light assistance from American troops, they could also attack British colonies in northern South America. The Great British Empire had expected to crush the Americans Naval force and destroy there ports. They had strongly underestimated the power the Americans has amassed. The American Ironclad fleet had begun a massive build over ten years before the war had even started. On land the British troops that had been able to make land fall along with those that had been there found themselves at the mercy of the new American mechanized forces. Though unable to travel faster than five miles per hour at best the traction engine powered ironclad cavalry were forces of destruction capable of taking on entire British unites. Equipped with upwards of seven Browning machine guns and depending on the model they could have a single 4 inch turret mounted artillery piece or a Gatiling gun like 1½ in cannon capable of much more rapid fire. To protect there harbors attack, the Americans had constructed a series of railroads who’s main purpose was for placing Railroad guns any where they were needed in order to defend against British ships. These fortifications prevented the quick decisive victory the British had hoped for. The Alaskan Mountain Divisions cut a swath from Alaska into Canada allowing for a double pronged attack on Canada . For most of the first year of the war the Canadians and British lost ground against the Americans more advanced weaponry. But in 1905 a major change in tactics would come about. With the use of the Maxim gun becoming more wide spread the Americans quickly began to lose this advantage over the British and so began the age of trench warfare. The British still were almost incapable of repelling the American armored cavalry led by General Custer. The American armored forces soon became stalled by massive trenches and forests. Over the course of the next year the American advances weren’t measured in miles but in feet and yards. The British forces were even capable of pushing Americans back after an attempted landing and invasion of Newfoundland. In 1906 British forces made a landing near Fort Brag in Northern California. The invasion force pushed through as if they were unstoppable. The British forces would be stalled and then repelled by the local inhabitants of Northern California after the Californians began making use of Guerilla warfare tactics. The as the year came to a close the American began use of there most top secret weapon, the airplane. This new weapons potential to cause lose of life and feed back Intel was immediately seen by president Roosevelt. The biplane and the ridged airship brought about a swift change in the war. With bombs being dropped from above the British forces began loosing ground almost as quickly as when the war had begun. On January 9th 1908 the British signed a treaty with the U.S, officially surrendering all of the land that the Americans had captured to the U.S.

This is my forth map and it is a map detailing North America after “The Great American War”. The Year is 1908 and the bitter conflict is finally over. The British had been unaware that the Americans had attacked Canada for a full three weeks. After discovering it the British Declared war on the United States of America. Seeking an alliance from the Mexican Empire the British attempted to make a deal with them, this would fail as the Mexicans had been offered a deal that was far more appealing. While the Americans attacked Canada the Mexicans could attack the other central American nations with light assistance from American troops, they could also attack British colonies in northern South America. The Great British Empire had expected to crush the Americans Naval force and destroy there ports. They had strongly underestimated the power the Americans has amassed. The American Ironclad fleet had begun a massive build over ten years before the war had even started. On land the British troops that had been able to make land fall along with those that had been there found themselves at the mercy of the new American mechanized forces. Though unable to travel faster than five miles per hour at best the traction engine powered ironclad cavalry were forces of destruction capable of taking on entire British unites. Equipped with upwards of seven Browning machine guns and depending on the model they could have a single 4 inch turret mounted artillery piece or a Gatiling gun like 1½ in cannon capable of much more rapid fire. To protect there harbors attack, the Americans had constructed a series of railroads who’s main purpose was for placing Railroad guns any where they were needed in order to defend against British ships. These fortifications prevented the quick decisive victory the British had hoped for. The Alaskan Mountain Divisions cut a swath from Alaska into Canada allowing for a double pronged attack on Canada . For most of the first year of the war the Canadians and British lost ground against the Americans more advanced weaponry. But in 1905 a major change in tactics would come about. With the use of the Maxim gun becoming more wide spread the Americans quickly began to lose this advantage over the British and so began the age of trench warfare. The British still were almost incapable of repelling the American armored cavalry led by General Custer. The American armored forces soon became stalled by massive trenches and forests. Over the course of the next year the American advances weren’t measured in miles but in feet and yards. The British forces were even capable of pushing Americans back after an attempted landing and invasion of Newfoundland. In 1906 British forces made a landing near Fort Brag in Northern California. The invasion force pushed through as if they were unstoppable. The British forces would be stalled and then repelled by the local inhabitants of Northern California after the Californians began making use of Guerilla warfare tactics. The as the year came to a close the American began use of there most top secret weapon, the airplane. This new weapons potential to cause lose of life and feed back Intel was immediately seen by president Roosevelt. The biplane and the ridged airship brought about a swift change in the war. With bombs being dropped from above the British forces began loosing ground almost as quickly as when the war had begun. On January 9th 1908 the British signed a treaty with the U.S, officially surrendering all of the land that the Americans had captured to the U.S.

Pretty good map.

The British had been unaware that the Americans had attacked Canada for a full three weeks.

I wonder about this, though. How is this possible in 1908? It doesn't sound like technology is that far behind OTL. Even if the Yanks cut off the telegraph line, surely the British would get suspicious sooner than that?

Pretty good map.

I wonder about this, though. How is this possible in 1908? It doesn't sound like technology is that far behind OTL. Even if the Yanks cut off the telegraph line, surely the British would get suspicious sooner than that?

they did but It took a small British trading ship slipping through the Secret American blockade to confirm what happened and for the British Govenernment to fully realise what was going on in North America. although you are probably right it would have probably been more like a week maybe a week and a half.

I'm starting a new series (I can already hear the boos out there). It's WWIII in 1985, starting with a Warsaw Pact invasion to bring post-Tito Yugoslavia into compliance. Starting with week 1.

1985 week 1.PNG

@Kiat: I liked the last series, though those maps were awful and I would argue that these are too big. I like pictorial timelines, they're so much less wordy than the wordy ones.

:)

I'm starting a new series (I can already hear the boos out there). It's WWIII in 1985, starting with a Warsaw Pact invasion to bring post-Tito Yugoslavia into compliance. Starting with week 1.

It isn't that we don't like your ideas, it is just you insisted on using those horrible base maps. I quite like the look of these new ones, though might I reccomend slowing down, as to not drown out everyone else.

It isn't that we don't like your ideas, it is just you insisted on using those horrible base maps. I quite like the look of these new ones, though might I reccomend slowing down, as to not drown out everyone else.

Don't worry, I'm not going to sentence you all to death by a thousand maps. I wish I could post a slideshow of the whole thing.

This is my map for the MoTF contest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following German victory in the Great War in 1921, the British Empire refused to allow Germany to control any colonies and undertook the administration of her former allies colonies herself. The new, powerful Germany attempted to find colonies anyway, and rather than seeking a direct fight with Britain, attempted to seize unclaimed islands in the Pacific. This brought Germany into conflict with Japan, which, by 1931, was attempting to gain hegemony in the Pacific by conquering China. By 1936, however, Japan also wanted Pacific island in her Empire, and attacked Germany and the United States. However, also in 1936, a rebuild, modernized Russia was able to put aside the "Great Game" with Britain, who became allies against German hegemony in Europe. This created a complex situation, pitting two democracies against each other. However, before any direct conflict between the US and the UK could be fought, the war ended in a stalemate when Germany build the first atom bomb, forcing the allies to stop their advance. The British gained one shortly thereafter, and and forced the Americans to stop their assault on mainland Japan. In response, the US turned their attention to the Japanese Empire, and invaded China in 1942. By 1943, the USMC had linked up with the Nationalist army, and in 1944, the two nations signed a Security Treaty. However, although a stalemate ended the war, the tension did not end. The US, China, and Germany demanded the allies give their colonies self-determination. The allies refused.

By 2007, the Cold War between the Allies and the Entente has been going on for half a century, and fears that WWIII could start at any moment are ripe ever since both sides completed their missile shield programs around 2000. In 2002, the USA attempted to put a missile shield in Liberia, prompting the Seven Day War. Tensions have skyrocketed since.

The map below is a political map of the Cold War in 2007.

Allies:
Pink-British Empire
Orange-British Allies and Protectorates
Green-Russia

Entente:
Dark Green-USA
Grey-USA influenced/controlled
Dark Grey-Germany
Yellow-China

Black-Conflict zones

Uk vs. US.png

A map I did for a new set of House Districts for Washington, I suppose that my state must use the method I prefer since it's almost exactly the same (I did'nt look before making it).

While it's not 100% fair (each district is supposed to have 727,000 people), it's as close I could get it without having to start taking bits off of counties in one district to add to the other.

New house Districts.png

A map I did for a new set of House Districts for Washington, I suppose that my state must use the method I prefer since it's almost exactly the same (I did'nt look before making it).

While it's not 100% fair (each district is supposed to have 727,000 people), it's as close I could get it without having to start taking bits off of counties in one district to add to the other.

What happened to NCW? Most of Central Washington is suppose to be the 4th District! Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Hastings finally ousted. I got the feeling he's gonna be one of those who only retires feet first. :(

What happened to NCW? Most of Central Washington is suppose to be the 4th District! Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Hastings finally ousted. I got the feeling he's gonna be one of those who only retires feet first. :(

I prefer numbering things West-to East, hence Central Washington becomes the 8th District.

Status
Not open for further replies.