Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

Banned
Telepathy is a bullshit idea, for one. This isn't Star Wars. So, "telepathic WMDs " makes no sense.

Second, you are way overestimating technological leaps. Human civilization and technology is incredibly advanced in the CGU, sure; but it's not to some unrealistic or impossible level. You can't break the laws of physics, you know.

Telepathy is a bullshit idea, for one. This isn't Star Wars. So, "telepathic WMDs " makes no sense.

Second, you are way overestimating technological leaps. Human civilization and technology is incredibly advanced in the CGU, sure; but it's not to some unrealistic or impossible level. You can't break the laws of physics, you know.
I can. I once froze vodka :p

I really like your CGU series, but there's a couple of things - based on current knowledge of our galaxy, the outer rim would actually have almost no habitable worlds, due to a lack of oxygen, silicon and iron that far out. So, really, the empires should be reaching in towards the core.

Also, FTL travel is a little more impossible than dyson spheres - but then, the TL wouldn't work without FTL, so that's hardly an issue. I think an interesting FH TL would concern the colonization of our solar system, using vessels that can get up to ~10% of light speed...

Telepathy is feasible. Sufficiently advanced technology, yada yada yada. Put a chip into your head that can stimulate thoughts at will, tune it to a certain frequency, and you can suddenly simulate PSYCHIC POWERZ!!!

On a similar note, you could implant a receiver chip into the WMD that would respond to your thoughts by steering it or what-have-you. Which would technically be a telepathic WMD.

I don't think this sort of technology is all that far off - within the next thousand years or so, I'm predicting. Certainly not the complete bollocks you're assuming it to be.

I think I might have been sarcastic.

This is the part where you "/facepalm".

I personaly think telepathy is connected to string theory. :D

I'm not too big on things such as that. I'm attempting to make this as realistic as possible while still being a space opera. Dyson spheres seem too freaky to me, and no civilization in the Galaxy is advanced enough to just make artificial planets. Hell, in the 6000's, hand-held beam weapons are just starting to be developed.

Realistic. With faster than light travel. And a human-dominated galaxy-spanning empire by the year 3000?

Dyson spheres, halos, and O'Neil cylinders seem more realistic at this point.

Boom.

thegreatamericanwar.png

DO A TIMELINE!

Don't know much about maps beyond hero worship, but that sounds like the start of a great timeline, in fact that sounds like a great timeline in and of itself, but I'd still like more!

PWEAAASSEE!

Just found these postive comments :D.

Sadly, this was just a side Project, done to keep my Imagination and my Map Making Skills up to scratch. However, i have been meanign to do a WW2 TL for ages, so this could easly go onto to to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.