Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically I suppose so. But all maps I've seen count it as part of the UK.

Down with conformity! Woo! :D

Leej: A Yugoslavia excluding Serbia? Schelswig and Holstein annexed to Denmark? How did they pull that off while Germany is apparently united? An independant Libya? And to whom do the Dlmatian Islands belong? I cant conenct the colour with any country...
Yugoslavia should be Dalmatia and Bosnia-Heger...whatever.
There is part of Serbia in there isn't there?
The Hungarians and Ottomans have the rest.
Denmark- Never lost S-H in the first place. Germany is the confederation it was pre being united. Would be too difficult and messy to mark it otherwise.
Libya- Its a Ottoman vassal. Semi-independant as it was before the Italians moved in.

Susano

Banned
Yes, but if you mark Man as independant, youd have to mark Schlesweig and Holstein as independant, too. They were certainly more independant then Man is, in personal union with Denmark, not part of it. That Denmark tried to annex Schleswig, violating the London Agreement fo 1848 is what started the German_Danish War after all.

Not too forget that you have included parts into the Confederation (East Prussia, West Prussia, Posen) that never were parts of it. And Serbia ended up fully ottoman in your map... and just WTF happened to the Habsburg Monarchy?

Yes, but if you mark Man as independant, youd have to mark Schlesweig and Holstein as independant, too. They were certainly more independant then Man is, in personal union with Denmark, not part of it. That Denmark tried to annex Schleswig, violating the London Agreement fo 1848 is what started the German_Danish War after all.

Not too forget that you have included parts into the Confederation (East Prussia, West Prussia, Posen) that never were parts of it. And Serbia ended up fully ottoman in your map... and just WTF happened to the Habsburg Monarchy?

Its all off my TL.

S-H are part of Denmark here, the attempt to do that is what caused the Germans to conquer them in the first place.
Other parts out of the Confed- meh. Coudl have just marked the lot 'Various German own lands'
Habsburgs- Austrian Empire continued in the old school vein which caused it eventually to fall apart. Hungary are totally independant and Jugoslavia somewhat in personal union.
Serbia-oops.

Taurida or Pontus... the former was more of a Greek name, the latter was more of a Roman one.
I thought Pontus was the north coast of Anatolia? Though it just means "sea", so I suppose it could have been applied anywhere.
I recall seeing "Chersoneus" as well.

A Map That Got Out of Control

This map was originally meant to be a representation of a TL without malaria... but then I decided that Germany would have been united by Hanover, not Prussia, because one side-affect would be that the Prussian royal house would have only girls early on... who would marry into the Hanovarian royal house... which would get Prussia... which then connected to England... so World War One was Austria-Hungary, Italy, France and Russia versus the "Anglo-Hanovarian Empire" and Imperial Africa... and the Anglo-Hanovarians won the fight, and took over Europe... and are now fighting the Imperial Africans. Here it is!

anglo-hanovarianmap.png

I hope it's readable!

I thought Pontus was the north coast of Anatolia? Though it just means "sea", so I suppose it could have been applied anywhere.
I recall seeing "Chersoneus" as well.

Chersonnessus is a city in Pontus, nowadays it is Kherson in Ukraine... Pontus was meant to represent the entire area - hence the "Kingdom of Pontus" that was a Roman client state after Mithridates' defeat in Ist century BC, and that was ruled, during Constantine's era, by one of his nephews.

Hapsburg

Banned
Right...well...

From the Unionverse...
The Milky Way Galaxy, c.3000 CE.
milkywaygalaxy3000ga4.jpg

PS) Yes, I know there are areas without names. Those are regions that are as-of-yet unclaimed in a definitave manner. They are in the process of being handled by the various nations of the Galaxy.

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Chersonnessus is a city in Pontus, nowadays it is Kherson in Ukraine... Pontus was meant to represent the entire area - hence the "Kingdom of Pontus" that was a Roman client state after Mithridates' defeat in Ist century BC, and that was ruled, during Constantine's era, by one of his nephews.

Interestingly, Chersonesus was considered as a name for one of the space-filler American states, according to Bill Bryson. (Can't remember which. Possibly Wyoming).

Keenir

Banned
Using something found in the blank map thread, I made this.
For my fledgling new timeline "Caesar Iesus", wherein Jesus doesn't become a Jewish preacher, and instead becomes the Praetorian Praefect, overthrows Caligula and takes power as Imperator. A bit on the ASB side at first, but it's more in-depth than a summary can show.
So, without further ado, The Roman Empire, 824 AUC (71 CE), the year of Emperor Iesus Nazarinus.

I very much like this map.

my one question is this: is the Herodian line gone, or are they still running Judea for Rome?

ASB? You mean Satanic. According to Hapsburg, ITTL, Jesus accepts Satan's offer in the 4-day fast, right?

I think it was one replier's way of being sarcastic -- since why would God want a position of power or authority over mortal men? :D :cool:

Hapsburg

Banned
I like it, but what races run each "nation", if that is even the right word?
Why wouldn't it be the right word? Of course they are nations. What else would be there to organize a government structure?
Depends. Some regions are run by humans, and some by aliens, but are named after the region. The ones run by particular alien species are run by that species, but still has many autonomous regions with other races in it.

How come some nations have their alien names (R'qaar, Qualium) and some have human names? Is it breakaway human nations or is it just human terms for alien nations?
Human names for alien nations, of course. Why would I use the aliens' name for thier own nations?

My first post here! :D This map is from a TL I made long before I had heard of alternate history. It's based on that the mongols conquered Europe in the 13th century and the were driven back... The year is 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.