Map Request: My British Imperialism TL

Because my map skills leave a lot to be desired. Basically, a request to draw a map of my British Imperialism TL as it stands in 1873, just after the Franco-German War. I did ask Nugax to give it a go but he seems to have gotten caught up with something so yeah. I'd like to see how you draw the borders of Greater Zimbabwe especiallu Any entries will be much obliged and looking forward to seeing what they'll look like. :)

Right, bumping this since my exams are over and I can finally focus on this map. I'll probably first adapt one of the ones from the timeline and post it here and then work forward from there.

Should be up tomorrow or the day after.

Its going to be a biggun:)

Right, bumping this since my exams are over and I can finally focus on this map. I'll probably first adapt one of the ones from the timeline and post it here and then work forward from there.

Should be up tomorrow or the day after.

Its going to be a biggun:)

As the bee said to his friend about the singing lollipop, sounds sweet! :D

Sorry for wait. There were quite a few mishaps in my move back to British Columbia including the loss of the near finished copy.

So, in order to check for errors, and to clarify on the status on Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Hawaii, here is North America.

I am of course using Qazaq's map, so this North America is only a corner of the eventual finished copy.

I have placed the texan mexican border at the San Antonio River...

The internal borders of Mexico and Canada were pulled from Wikipedia, with the obvious exeption of Oregon and Northern Mexico.

Again, sorry for the wait. Tell me any errors and I'll fix them. The borders are up to date for your timeline from what I can tell.

british imperialism NA 3.PNG

So, in order to check for errors, and to clarify on the status on Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Hawaii, here is North America

Hawaii is independent albeit largely under British domination and the other two were ceded to Britain after TTL's Napoleonic Wars.

A great map with only two things that springs to mind. The California-USA border is a bit further to the west, it being sort of straightened to the effect for the US's advantage after the New Jersey War and Western Florida belongs to the US, leaving only the Peninsula itself in Federacion hands. A great start and I can't wait to see the rest. :)

Okay, so I worked on the US border with California and the Spanish Federation.

I also put Hawaii under British influence and Martinique and Guadeloupe to Britain.

To also go with these fixes, I've added South America to the mix.

The only question I have is who owns the Galapagos here?

Otherwise, just point out any errors I've made and I'll fix them.

Here's the New World.

BI new world PNG.PNG

Okay, so I worked on the US border with California and the Spanish Federation.

I also put Hawaii under British influence and Martinique and Guadeloupe to Britain.

To also go with these fixes, I've added South America to the mix.

The only question I have is who owns the Galapagos here?

Otherwise, just point out any errors I've made and I'll fix them.

Here's the New World.

It's great, no nitpicks about the borders, really well done. The Galapagos are under Spanish domain I believe. Also, is it just my monitor or is Canada three seperate colours in its provinces? Might just be me.

It's great, no nitpicks about the borders, really well done. The Galapagos are under Spanish domain I believe. Also, is it just my monitor or is Canada three seperate colours in its provinces? Might just be me.

Actually, you are right.

I forgot to change the colours after the fact since in the original just North America I used the different colours to differentiate provinces such as Michigan and Vancouver from BC/Oregon and Ontario. In the next map they'll be uniform...

Since I'm sure my initial conception of Africa is going to be full of holes, I'll be simply be posting the southern part of Africa first.

Since Spain, Britain and Portugal seem to be in the mood for containing France, and Germany probably having some problems with starting a colonial empire (since they have more pressing concerns), I assumed that Britain would expand along the Namibian coast, along with Portugal.

Also, without a Belgium or Netherlands, what is going to happen to the Congo? The same question applies to the coast of Eastern Africa stretching up to Somalia.

South Africa PNG.PNG

Last edited:
Since I'm sure my initial conception of Africa is going to be full of holes, I'll be simply be posting the southern part of Africa first.

Since Spain, Britain and Spain seem to be in the mood for containing France, and Germany probably having some problems with starting a colonial empire (since they have more pressing concerns), I assumed that Britain would expand along the Namibian coast, along with Portugal.

Also, without a Belgium or Netherlands, what is going to happen to the Congo? The same question applies to the coast of Eastern Africa stretching up to Somalia.

Largely going to be Native states set up by Spain and Britain to contain French expansion. There'll almost certainly be a lot less development in Africa ITTL aside from regions where there have been organised states already such as Ethiopia, the Igbo Confederacy and Greater Zimbabwe.

Largely going to be Native states set up by Spain and Britain to contain French expansion. There'll almost certainly be a lot less development in Africa ITTL aside from regions where there have been organised states already such as Ethiopia, the Igbo Confederacy and Greater Zimbabwe.

So no mistakes with the Southern part of Africa?

Nope. May I ask where you managed getting some research into the African Tribal regions?

For old African kingdoms, I usually use Wikipedia.

It has an article (called like ancient african nations or something like that).

However, the map of Africa I'm using is pulled from Qazaq's 1803 map of the world.

If you go to the most recent pages in the "New Our Timelines Map thread" Qazaq posted a map of 1803 africa with all the polities named.

Also, there is this useful historical map site of Africa http://www.afriterra.org/

Last edited: