Map Request/Challenge Thread

Request: a map for "America and the Napoleonic Consulships"...any year is fine.

Done.

otl2zb8.png

It was rather hard... especially Southern France... Aquitaine, Taifa states, and Burgundy?
Southern France was meant to be the Aragon vassal counts from OTL as Tafia states like Foix.;) Not to mention Aquataine didn't nessacarly have to be that big.

I did Highlander's request, too, just because I had some spare time. However, I am never using that stock map of North America again. All the little one-pixel-sized bits that had to be hand-filled-in made me go mad. I hate Alaska with a passion now.

Highlander

Banned
For some reason it didn't work, big guy.

Btw, Diamond, do you have any maps you want made?

EDIT: Never mind, it works. Nice map :)

Thande

Donor

I did Highlander's request, too, just because I had some spare time. However, I am never using that stock map of North America again. All the little one-pixel-sized bits that had to be hand-filled-in made me go mad. I hate Alaska with a passion now.
You know there's an easier way to do it? On Paint, if you select the eraser tool, left click on one colour, right click on another, then hold down the right button and wave it about, it'll just recolour the first colour to the second without doing anything else. Very useful for fiddly one pixel bits.

You know there's an easier way to do it? On Paint, if you select the eraser tool, left click on one colour, right click on another, then hold down the right button and wave it about, it'll just recolour the first colour to the second without doing anything else. Very useful for fiddly one pixel bits.
Thande, you have saved my sanity. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have a request- a map if the Visigoths had not fallen to the Arabs. (They may fall to others... also, consider a Suebi resurgence). Any time period between 1648 to today is fine, and the Visigoths need not survive to the present day (though if they do fall, it can't be to Arabs- and no having the successor state fall immediately to the Caliphate as well, that's just dancing around the challenge :p )

Keenir

Banned
I have a request- a map if the Visigoths had not fallen to the Arabs. (They may fall to others... also, consider a Suebi resurgence). Any time period between 1648 to today is fine, and the Visigoths need not survive to the present day (though if they do fall, it can't be to Arabs- and no having the successor state fall immediately to the Caliphate as well, that's just dancing around the challenge :p )

sorry...I only got up to 900 AD.

do with it what you like.

ps: yeah, my aim was to put the Franks in Iberia, and have the Visigoths in Italy.

sequence.GIF

Could someone make a map of:

-Imperial Greece after victory in the greco-turkish war, greece also has all former Hellenistic territory, albania, macedonia, constantinople, thrace, sicily, ionia, cyprus....
-balkans even more balkanized with even more states than in otl
-very powerful russia controlling more territories than the otl russian empire had in 1914
-germany is like today, east boundary along the oder
-poland is russian
-france, spain, uk, scandinavia like otl
-italy fragmented with many states under greek influence.

bump!:)

could somebody make a map for that? thanks!

Thande

Donor
Thanks, Ofaloaf, Diamond, more people ought to know of that little feature in Paint, it's very useful. :)

Keenir, are you aware that you can get transparent backgrounds for your text boxes if (when the text box is up) you go to the left and click on the icon of three shapes with a transparent background (rather than the default one with a white background?)

Diamond

Banned
Good thread idea H'lander.

If anyone's interested, I'd like to see an imperial era world map featuring powers from non-European parts of the world that compete on equal grounds with European colonial powers, without getting to ridiculous wankfest territory where they beat the Europeans for no obvious reason. Powers in East Asia, Africa, India, perhaps the Americas if you push it.
An attempt at this. This is a world resulting from a more successful Mongol conquest in Europe. Many Europeans flee to the Crusader States, giving them the boost they need to hold on and expand into Egypt. (Yes, I know I've used that trope before, but I like it. :D ) The Mongols do not convert en masse to Islam, instead adopting a patchwork of religions which in time grows into their own unique religion; Arab and other muslim nobles and their followers flee south to east Africa and Madagascar, where they set up rival caliphates. France eventually emerges as Europe's 'superpower', reuniting the shattered lands to drive out the Mongols in the 14th century.

Last edited: