Map Request/Challenge Thread

An attempt at this. This is a world resulting from a more successful Mongol conquest in Europe. Many Europeans flee to the Crusader States, giving them the boost they need to hold on and expand into Egypt. (Yes, I know I've used that trope before, but I like it. :D ) The Mongols do not convert en masse to Islam, instead adopting a patchwork of religions which in time grows into their own unique religion; Arab and other muslim nobles and their followers flee south to east Africa and Madagascar, where they set up rival caliphates. France eventually emerges as Europe's 'superpower', reuniting the shattered lands to drive out the Mongols in the 14th century.

Veeeery nice. Is the Hungarian Khanate Christian or Syncreatic?

I note the Levant and Egypt seem to be separate states by 1785: dynastic split or Islamic revival?

Can't say I think much of Utrecht's long-term prospects, not with that giant France next door and a lack of strong continental powers for them to ally with...

is that Novgorod in NW Russia/Finland?

best,
Bruce

Could someone combine these three maps into a world map, with South America as per OTL in 1920?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4056/randommaprp4.png

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8895/europe19252xr7.gif

http://decadesofdarkness.alternatehistory.com/NorAmerica1910.gif

With credit to Jared and Hendryk.

Here you go. :)

The Russia-Yakutia border might be a little off since I went by geographic features for that one.

Aliworldmap.gif

Last edited:

MrP

Banned
Could someone possibly point me in the direction of a map of the world in 1796? I cast my eye at the map thread, but the fact that it's at nigh on 300 pages dissuaded me from a more thorough search . . .

Diamond

Banned
Didnt you make a map of more successful crusader kingdoms Diamond? If so would you re-post it?
The one below?
Veeeery nice. Is the Hungarian Khanate Christian or Syncreatic?

I note the Levant and Egypt seem to be separate states by 1785: dynastic split or Islamic revival?

Can't say I think much of Utrecht's long-term prospects, not with that giant France next door and a lack of strong continental powers for them to ally with...

is that Novgorod in NW Russia/Finland?

best,
Bruce
1. The Hungarian Khanate is Christian - a mutant offshoot of the Orthodox Church.

2. Egypt and the Levant, as well as several of the states bordering the Red Sea, are the descendents of Crusader kingdoms. They are fiercely Christian; Islam is now a religion of southeastern Africa, northern India, and the Arabian interior; there are also a few hold-out emirates in North Africa, but they are for the most part ineffectual vassals of France or Egypt.

3. Utrecht is allied with both Denmark and Sweden (even though both of those powers are at each other's throats now and again.)

4. Novgorod is part of Sweden; there is at the moment a three-way power struggle going on in northeastern Europe between Sweden, Ryazan, and Hungary, a struggle that Sweden currently has the upper hand in, but which is threatening to swing towards Ryazan, as both Sweden and Hungary are on the verge of war with their neighbors.

I think this is the map Pax Britannia meant:

Last edited:
I have a request: the world of the anime Trinity Blood. Of course, I haven't watched it, but since it seems interesting, I'll request a map.

Of course, you'd have to indicate human areas, vampire areas, etc.

An attempt at this. This is a world resulting from a more successful Mongol conquest in Europe. Many Europeans flee to the Crusader States, giving them the boost they need to hold on and expand into Egypt. (Yes, I know I've used that trope before, but I like it. :D ) The Mongols do not convert en masse to Islam, instead adopting a patchwork of religions which in time grows into their own unique religion; Arab and other muslim nobles and their followers flee south to east Africa and Madagascar, where they set up rival caliphates. France eventually emerges as Europe's 'superpower', reuniting the shattered lands to drive out the Mongols in the 14th century.
I'd like to request a follow up on this map, prehap 1820s? Or maybe into 1880s?

I would like to request a war map.

It is a Russian-Chinese war in 2006, OTL. Mongolia is no mans land. USSR still in tact.

1. Include major battle points
  2. Enemy supply routes
  3. Enemy Movements
  4. (If Possible) A second World map showing who's allied with who

Are we asking for map requests again? In that case i have one. I am thinking of doing a timeline on this scenario and need some inspiration.
I would like to request a map of noth america around 1850.
There should be a New Netherlands (that is the point of diversion, after the third Anglo Dutch war(in 1674) the dutch demand New Netherlands back).
Also i would like to see a french or independent Quebec, the result of a succesful fight for independence of some british colonies (like usa otl) and some british colonies (or one) that didn't want to become independant (like canada otl), and whatever else you think that could happen.