Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I guess that depends on what you mean by metaphorical. I was thinking geographic, but I'm open to hearing more about your thoughts.
Temporally, I'll say that yes, the four corners need to be at the same time.

I guess that depends on what you mean by metaphorical. I was thinking geographic, but I'm open to hearing more about your thoughts.
Temporally, I'll say that yes, the four corners need to be at the same time.
"Four entities that share, or almost share, a common point" could incredibly easily be interpreted as, say, four completely takes on a religion that share one key dogma, for example.
Or four mega-corps based around the same resource but that exploit it in different ways.

While I admire the creative thinking, I think I'm going to stick with geographic points. Think the four corners of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, or the almost intersection of Russia, Mongolia, China, and Kazakhstan. Your Four Corners should be visible on a map of the physical world.

Happy Holidays! As semesters are coming to an end and holiday travel begins, we will be continuing the grand tradition of the "Map of the Month". This will prevent a deadline in the middle of the holidays and hopefully give everyone with some holiday downtime the opportunity to cook up some really interesting scenarios. We will resume with MotF:269 in January. Happy mapmaking!