Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I wonder what the new challenge will be today. Hopefully something cool.
Sorry about the delay. I'll get to it in a few minutes. I am in a place with very limited internet access and I try to be on the side of too late rather than too early in case anyone wanted to get an entry in just under the wire.

PLEASE stop doing this for the love of god people. This is even in the thread where I put the rule in big red letters at the top because people were breaking it before! It clogs the threads and confuses voters. Delete this ASAP.
I suppose it is my fault since I don't provide text descriptions of my maps.

I have question, can I still submit an entry to The Boy Who Lived? Because in the MotF 262 thread it says that MotF 261 is open to 20th August, but in the MoTF 261 thread it says that entries for this round will end when the voting thread is posted on Monday, August 29. So which one is the correct deadline?

I have question, can I still submit an entry to The Boy Who Lived? Because in the MotF 262 thread it says that MotF 261 is open to 20th August, but in the MoTF 261 thread it says that entries for this round will end when the voting thread is posted on Monday, August 29. So which one is the correct deadline?
Thanks for this - the August 20 is a typo which I will fix in a second. 261 is open to the 29th.

PLEASE stop doing this for the love of god people. This is even in the thread where I put the rule in big red letters at the top because people were breaking it before! It clogs the threads and confuses voters. Delete this ASAP.
I'm sorry about this; I tend to just hyperfocus on the maps and the prompt. It will not happen again.

For MotF 261, are rump states acceptable, or does it need to have most of the OTL territory
Interesting question. I'd be inclined to interpret it as somewhere in the middle given the way the word 'country' is used. So I would say something like the Habsburg monarchy surviving in Austria alone would count, but Tsarist Russia surviving in Alaska would not, because I wouldn't interpret it as the same 'country,' if that makes sense,

Interesting question. I'd be inclined to interpret it as somewhere in the middle given the way the word 'country' is used. So I would say something like the Habsburg monarchy surviving in Austria alone would count, but Tsarist Russia surviving in Alaska would not, because I wouldn't interpret it as the same 'country,' if that makes sense,
That makes sense, thanks.

1000/10 map.
What OTL year is the map's year 6263?

Thanks. If you delete this post and repost it in this thread I might be able to answer instead of having an aneurysm.

How is this happening so often these last few contests really? I feel like people almost never did this the last few years I've been following MOTF but its happened more than half a dozen times in the last month alone. Its been in the rules for TEN. YEARS.

Global butterfly index....

Would a map of countries by system of government or by political international affiliation of the ruling party be acceptable?