Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Hi all! I've opened a new form here to vote for the next contest theme! You can of course continue to submit ideas to the other form, which is linked in my sig and at the top of that form. Unused and new ideas will get rolled over to the next fortnight.

Hi all! I've opened a new form here to vote for the next contest theme! You can of course continue to submit ideas to the other form, which is linked in my sig and at the top of that form. Unused and new ideas will get rolled over to the next fortnight.
Read this the second I submitted something to the old form, lol

Now I want to submit a map for this that messes up WW1 territories. Any suggestions? Here's some I already have:
  • Curzon line for German-Russian border, or modern borders in general
  • Messing up the Austrian-Russian border in Galicia
  • Alsace-Lorraine belongs to France, instead of Germany
  • Using modern borders for African colonies
  • Ottomans own all of Arabia instead of having the typical uncolonized land

By the way, if anyone is interested in more map action, /r/imaginarymaps holds a monthly contest. Their prompts tend to be a little more open than the MOTF and, of course, you have twice as much time to get your maps done. Here's the link for this month's prompt!

Wait, what's the subject of this round? The first edition of it required that the countries are in a union of some sort, while the second says any formerly dominated country now dominant fits, even if they aren't in some union anymore. Which is it?

Wait, what's the subject of this round? The first edition of it required that the countries are in a union of some sort, while the second says any formerly dominated country now dominant fits, even if they aren't in some union anymore. Which is it?
Yeah, this confused me as well. The topic submission as written when someone submitted it to my form and when people voted on it is what is listed as the rules now. It is slightly broader than the original challenge.

Deleted member 108228

I concede. I simply don't have the time or will to do a tiebreaker.

@NeonHydroxide Unfortunately I've reassessed the pace I'm progressing at and I don't think I'm going to be done by tomorrow after all, so I figured I'd let you know so I don't hold things up longer than necessary.