Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Hello everyone! A couple of announcements:

First of all, congratulations to @Prince di Corsica for winning MotF 249 and to @Neon Hydroxide for winning MotF 250 uncontested.

Second, I regret to say that the Map of the Fortnight contest will be going on indefinite hiatus - 250 rounds seems as good a place to call a halt as any. Thank you to everyone who has participated over the years for all your great cartographic work. I hope the contest will resume at some point either when I feel I once again have the time and energy to devote to it, or under new management. Anyone who is interested in taking over administration of the contest, feel free to message me.

Damn, that's a shame. It was a good run though, and here's hoping it's able to start again at some point in the future. Time to find somewhere else for my oneshot prompt fix.

Hello everyone! A couple of announcements:

First of all, congratulations to @Prince di Corsica for winning MotF 249 and to @Neon Hydroxide for winning MotF 250 uncontested.

Second, I regret to say that the Map of the Fortnight contest will be going on indefinite hiatus - 250 rounds seems as good a place to call a halt as any. Thank you to everyone who has participated over the years for all your great cartographic work. I hope the contest will resume at some point either when I feel I once again have the time and energy to devote to it, or under new management. Anyone who is interested in taking over administration of the contest, feel free to message me.
Thanks a lot for continuously hosting these contest for years, I and many people had lots of fun making maps for it

There was the initial founder, then Krall, then Kaiphranos and now NeonHydroxide. Four hosters in history. Did I miss anybody?

By the way @Balkanized U.S.A don't beat yourself up so much about it! You've got a fine map, and in any case the important part is participating and getting the practice. For what it's worth, this is the first map I ever submitted to a map contest, so as far as quality goes you have nothing to worry about.

hGJVqhD.png

I have a proposal for the next challenge!
One More Time: Make a map based on an old MOTF/MOTM prompt.

(Admittedly, it's entirely possible that only one nostalgic prompt is really necessary for this, but it's a good prompt either way imo)

Hey all, I'd like to do a little experiment and look at formalizing the crowdsourcing of contest ideas going forwards! Both because I've done some thinking and have realized I'm really bad about thinking up clever contest titles, and because I'd like to keep participating in MotF and I'd like to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest in choosing the weekly contest themes. If you have an idea for a future MOTF contest, please submit it at this form. You can submit as many times as you want. Once there are a few proposals I will post a ranked-choice poll with them all to decide the next contest theme.

Hey all, I'd like to do a little experiment and look at formalizing the crowdsourcing of contest ideas going forwards! Both because I've done some thinking and have realized I'm really bad about thinking up clever contest titles, and because I'd like to keep participating in MotF and I'd like to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest in choosing the weekly contest themes. If you have an idea for a future MOTF contest, please submit it at this form. You can submit as many times as you want. Once there are a few proposals I will post a ranked-choice poll with them all to decide the next contest theme.

Should we add ones we've suggested previously in the thread as well?

I think this seems like an interesting way to do things.