Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

A couple of ideas for the next MotF:
A House Divided - make a map of a nation that’s on the brink of civil war.
Never Gonna Gove You Up - make a map depicting the last colonial holding of a once-proud colonial empire (think Cuba and the Philippines in the mid-19th cent., or French Guiana today).

Never Gonna Let You Down
Make a map showing a country coming to the aid of an ally. :p

(These are both good ones, though, and I'm always happy to see more contest topics proposed!)

Never Gonna Let You Down
Make a map showing a country coming to the aid of an ally. :p

(These are both good ones, though, and I'm always happy to see more contest topics proposed!)
Well, heck. Now I have to suggest this...

Never Gonna Run Around and Desert You
Make a map of a break up of an alliance.

I do have an idea (actually several) for Never Gonna GIve You Up, but I have a question: does the colony still have to be run as separate from the colonizing nation (e.g. the British Overseas Territories) or can it be integrated (e.g. the French overseas departments)?

I do have an idea (actually several) for Never Gonna GIve You Up, but I have a question: does the colony still have to be run as separate from the colonizing nation (e.g. the British Overseas Territories) or can it be integrated (e.g. the French overseas departments)?

It can be integrated - French Guiana was one of the examples cited when the topic was proposed.

Does the colony have to be the last of the entire colonial empire or can it just be the remnant of a subsection of the empire.

Say like how St Pierre et miquelon isn't the last french oversea territory, but it's the last "remnant" of New France

Does the colony have to be the last of the entire colonial empire or can it just be the remnant of a subsection of the empire.

Say like how St Pierre et miquelon isn't the last french oversea territory, but it's the last "remnant" of New France

Sure, that seems like it fits within the spirit of the challenge!

With only one entry so far, it looks as though this round will need to be extended. This is something like the third or fourth round in a row now where this has happened, and I would rather not have this become a permanent feature - this isn't the Map of the Three-Weeks contest, after all. Would anyone like to put forward suggestions about how to increase participation?

(I suppose another option is to be less ready to extend rounds, and allow them to go unentered or uncontested, but that also goes strongly against tradition - as far as I can tell, MotF rounds have always had at least two entries. However, if enough people prefer this option, I will consider it.)

With only one entry so far, it looks as though this round will need to be extended. This is something like the third or fourth round in a row now where this has happened, and I would rather not have this become a permanent feature - this isn't the Map of the Three-Weeks contest, after all. Would anyone like to put forward suggestions about how to increase participation?

(I suppose another option is to be less ready to extend rounds, and allow them to go unentered or uncontested, but that also goes strongly against tradition - as far as I can tell, MotF rounds have always had at least two entries. However, if enough people prefer this option, I will consider it.)
I will try to do something by this evening (evening for me being in 12 hours)

Well it is a fact that this sub-forum is less active now, just look at the map thread now compared to a few years ago, or even last year ( the previous one lasted ~1 year or less, this one is at 2/3 of the page count after a year)

I'm not sure if more vague themes would bring more people, maybe advertising it on reddit or other forums could work?
Not extending round if there are already 2 submissions and nobody else expressed working on a map seems like a good place to start anyway.