Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Pacte de Famille/Pacto de Familia: Present a system of alliance between at least two nations sharing a common dynasty.
Itinerant Dynasty: Show an OTL dynasty that happened to rule a country totally different from the one it actually ruled.

Does it count if the map is based on a world where the continents are physically inverted, so a north-top orientation would look inverted, or would I need to flip it so that the north is at the bottom and it looks normal?

Does it count if the map is based on a world where the continents are physically inverted, so a north-top orientation would look inverted, or would I need to flip it so that the north is at the bottom and it looks normal?

Hmm, I will accept either and leave it to you to decide which works best for your scenario. :)

An idea I had from a conversation in the Map thread, which seems too obvious never to have been done but still:

There'll always be a morning after, depict a region after having gone through a particularly bad time (war, natural disaster, totalitarian regime), in the process of recovering

Another win for @Prince di Corsica with a very neat take on 1984 is "The National Republics of western Eurasia"!

I wanted to remind folks that nominations for the Turtledove Awards are currently open, including the category for best map. If there has been a map from one of the past year's contests that you thought was particularly memorable or exceptional, consider nominating it for an award!

Also, we currently have no entries submitted for MotF 230; does anyone besides @The Tai-Pan have one in progress?

Another win for @Prince di Corsica with a very neat take on 1984 is "The National Republics of western Eurasia"!

I wanted to remind folks that nominations for the Turtledove Awards are currently open, including the category for best map. If there has been a map from one of the past year's contests that you thought was particularly memorable or exceptional, consider nominating it for an award!

Also, we currently have no entries submitted for MotF 230; does anyone besides @The Tai-Pan have one in progress?

I'm working on one, hopefully I can finish it tomorrow

I've started something but little time to devote to it.

I have one near completion.