Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

First of all, a belated congratulations to @Jajax for winning MotF 223 with a standout map of the Africa Region of Brazil! There was some great competition that round, so well done to all who entered.

Second, the new threads are up!
MotF 224: Rock The Casbah - Voting Thread
MotF 225: Under The Whiplash - Entry Thread

I was thinking about it and I decided to make sure? Is "Under the Whiplash" essentially a post-revolutionary (revolution in the sense of sudden change, not necessarily violent) country? Or is there some nuance I'm missing?

I was thinking about it and I decided to make sure? Is "Under the Whiplash" essentially a post-revolutionary (revolution in the sense of sudden change, not necessarily violent) country? Or is there some nuance I'm missing?

Yep, pretty much! Revolution, coup, unexpected election result, anything along those lines is fine.

Stretch

Donor
I'm not sure if something like this has been done before:

Beyond the Shimmering Fog
Make a map based on falsely believed geographic knowledge (such as the Island of California or the Great Inland Lake of Australia). So basically the stuff that mapmakers put on their maps that was later found to be inaccurate and removed in future maps.

Bat Country Show a region where the scary wildlife is a big consideration for the locals
There is No Honor Here Depict a world where a large region is intentionally left undisturbed by local powers
Death of a City Make a map showing the decline/end of a once great city

Bat Country Show a region where the scary wildlife is a big consideration for the locals
There is No Honor Here Depict a world where a large region is intentionally left undisturbed by local powers
Death of a City Make a map showing the decline/end of a once great city
I second There is No Honor Here.