Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Congratulations to @TheKutKu for winning MotF 216 with an awesome map of the Condominium of Jamésie! Thanks to all who entered - there were a lot of impressive maps that round!

There are still about two days left for anyone who wants to enter MotF 217. Since we have a number of entries already and there will not need to be an extension, I am going to start the next round tomorrow to get back on our usual schedule. So if you have a suggestion for the topic for MotF 218, now's the time to put it out there!

Throne Game: Present a map with a war of succession that did not take place in the OTL or was concluded differently from the OTL.

Last edited:
Congratulations to @TheKutKu for winning MotF 216 with an awesome map of the Condominium of Jamésie! Thanks to all who entered - there were a lot of impressive maps that round!

There are still about two days left for anyone who wants to enter MotF 217. Since we have a number of entries already and there will not need to be an extension, I am going to start the next round tomorrow to get back on our usual schedule. So if you have a suggestion for the topic for MotF 218, now's the time to put it out there!

Ngl I didn’t expect to win this round at all, I think the turkestani civil war infobox deserved it more.

The Vast Expanse:
Make a map of a country with a very low population density

I think it could be interesting, could also put a focus on say nomadic societies or some of the indigenous people of Patagonia Australia or Siberia, which I rarely see on maps

Californication: Have a nation or region who's role in the entertainment industry is a significant portion of their economy.
I Fought the Law: Have a nation recovering from a failed uprising.

Not like Detroit: Have a city with the centre of industry suffered terrible decline with the continuous decline of industry amid rampant high crime rate, thus lowering their city's significance.

Not like Detroit: Have a city with the centre of industry suffered terrible decline with the continuous decline of industry amid rampant high crime rate, thus lowering their city's significance.
I support this for the next turn ^^

I guess it would include industries like the tourism industry too, not just manufactured goods ?

If people like this one, I'll put it on the list for the future but probably not run it right away, since we had a round on the topic of cities pretty recently with MotF 215.

Besides all the Glamor
Produce a map depicting a society/region infamous for their indulgent luxury

It Ends Here
Show the furthers borderlands/last outposts of an empire and it's interaction with the locals beyond their borders

Where Strode Behemoth
Make a map of a world where Phillip II of Macedon (and thus Alexander the Great) never begin their conquests

Sails at Ease
Make a map depicting a tropical thassalocracy in a time of peace and prosperity

Last edited: