Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Some questions about the new challenge:

1) Does the map need to be about just one country or could a region (with several countries) be OK?

2) Does the product need to be either agricultural or industrial or could services work?

Both of these would be fine. Subnational units can also be used instead of entire countries.

Cast Adrift:
Make a map of a country which has recently lost the support of its great power backer

Longing for Home:
Make a map of a government-in-exile

The Vast Expanse:
Make a map of a country with a very low population density

Army with a nation: Depict a nation created from a military groups conquests.
A Chicken in Every Pot: Show a nation who's current leader has brought about a golden age.
Is this the Real Life, Is this just Fantasy: Show a proposed nation which no nations recognize.

what about a map of a nation with a (very) unique government type? like an anarcho-posadist (basically space anarchy) or something like that?

A lot of great suggestions recently - if there's one or more you particularly like the sound of, don't be afraid to mention it specifically.

Congratulations to @TheKutKu for winning MotF 216 with an awesome map of the Condominium of Jamésie! Thanks to all who entered - there were a lot of impressive maps that round!

There are still about two days left for anyone who wants to enter MotF 217. Since we have a number of entries already and there will not need to be an extension, I am going to start the next round tomorrow to get back on our usual schedule. So if you have a suggestion for the topic for MotF 218, now's the time to put it out there!

Throne Game: Present a map with a war of succession that did not take place in the OTL or was concluded differently from the OTL.

Last edited:
Congratulations to @TheKutKu for winning MotF 216 with an awesome map of the Condominium of Jamésie! Thanks to all who entered - there were a lot of impressive maps that round!

There are still about two days left for anyone who wants to enter MotF 217. Since we have a number of entries already and there will not need to be an extension, I am going to start the next round tomorrow to get back on our usual schedule. So if you have a suggestion for the topic for MotF 218, now's the time to put it out there!

Ngl I didn’t expect to win this round at all, I think the turkestani civil war infobox deserved it more.

The Vast Expanse:
Make a map of a country with a very low population density

I think it could be interesting, could also put a focus on say nomadic societies or some of the indigenous people of Patagonia Australia or Siberia, which I rarely see on maps