Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Congratulations to @SpazzReflex for coming out on top of MotF 214 with a fantastic map, "United States of America in 2076!"

Meanwhile, with only one entry so far, MotF 215: Upside Down Town is extended by one week, until May 11th.

(I've never been to Kingston so Apologies if you are from there.)

I'm from the area and I can't even imagine what it would be like. Red Hook as an urban area? What happened to the hamlets and villages of Red Hook and Rhinebeck? Annanadale-on-Hudson clearly outgrew its status and incorporated, but I have to wonder about the village of Tivioli (the village of Red Hook likely evolved into the city of Red Hook at some point). When I lived there, the villages fought hard to keep their autonomy from the greater town (even when they shared some of the same government officials!), so I'm very curious what the areas labeled "Red Hook" and "Rhinebeck" represent.

Sorry if that's beyond the scope of the map, but I got a little excited when I saw my hometown.

I'm from the area and I can't even imagine what it would be like. Red Hook as an urban area? What happened to the hamlets and villages of Red Hook and Rhinebeck? Annanadale-on-Hudson clearly outgrew its status and incorporated, but I have to wonder about the village of Tivioli (the village of Red Hook likely evolved into the city of Red Hook at some point). When I lived there, the villages fought hard to keep their autonomy from the greater town (even when they shared some of the same government officials!), so I'm very curious what the areas labeled "Red Hook" and "Rhinebeck" represent.

Sorry if that's beyond the scope of the map, but I got a little excited when I saw my hometown.
Honestly the POD was so far back (1790’s) that I kinda winged it with the towns and such . The POD being that Kingston remained the state capital.

Some questions about the new challenge:

1) Does the map need to be about just one country or could a region (with several countries) be OK?

2) Does the product need to be either agricultural or industrial or could services work?