Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Guns of the North
Depict a civil war or revolution going the other way (I.E., the North seceding from the South in the ACW, monarchists rising up against the USSR during the Russian Revolution, etc.)

(This could alternatively be named "No, U" or "Uno Reverse Card," depending on how meme-y you want it to be.)

Bringing this bad boy back because I have an idea for it

I Am Error: Make a map depicting a nation or border anomaly created by mistake (e.g. Minnesota's Northwest Angle).
It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Make a map depicting a nation or region who has managed to prosper/start winning thanks to foreign aid.
It's a Secret to Everyone: Make a map depicting the aftermath of the revealing to the public of a territorial change or treaty that has been kept secret for years.

We only have one entry in so far, and I know there's at least one that is stalled by some computer trouble, so I will go ahead and extend MotM 7 out until January 13. In the meantime, let me know what topics interest you for MotF 209!

Enough Is Enough: Show a map of a country in governmental transition after years, decades, or even centuries under the ancien régime.

Argentina Paradox: Show a map of a country whose golden age is long gone and fortune has reversed ever since, in economic and political decline that lasts to the present day.

Rectangles!: Make a map of a country with entirely straight borders.

A belated congratulations to @Kanan for winning MotF 208 with her excellent map, "Planned States for a Reunited Germany"!

New threads are now up:
Map of the Month 7: The Way I See It - Voting Thread
MotF 209: Guns Of The North - Entry Thread

Finally, it has been about two years since I took over administration of this contest from @Upvoteanthology. While I am willing to continue running the contest for the near future, my engagement with this forum has decreased over time, and I would like to eventually hand off this responsibility to someone else in turn. If you are interested, please send me a message privately.

A belated congratulations to @Kanan for winning MotF 208 with her excellent map, "Planned States for a Reunited Germany"!

New threads are now up:
Map of the Month 7: The Way I See It - Voting Thread
MotF 209: Guns Of The North - Entry Thread

Finally, it has been about two years since I took over administration of this contest from @Upvoteanthology. While I am willing to continue running the contest for the near future, my engagement with this forum has decreased over time, and I would like to eventually hand off this responsibility to someone else in turn. If you are interested, please send me a message privately.

For MotF 209, do the analogue revolutions need to be in the same timeframe as their OTL counterparts? For example, would the monarchist revolution against the Soviets have to be in 1917? Which would mean the Soviet Union would have had to be around before and so forth... Or could it be for example a monarchist revolution later in the century?

For MotF 209, do the analogue revolutions need to be in the same timeframe as their OTL counterparts? For example, would the monarchist revolution against the Soviets have to be in 1917? Which would mean the Soviet Union would have had to be around before and so forth... Or could it be for example a monarchist revolution later in the century?

No, it does not have to be in the same timeframe, just as long as the alt-historical irony is clear.

Oof, I have a WIP map (a sequel to a MOTF submission of an few months ago) but bad planning and irl event means I can’t post it in time, and frankly don’t want to rush it.

Well i’ll Try to do quicker next time, some good submissions for this contest!

Oof, I have a WIP map (a sequel to a MOTF submission of an few months ago) but bad planning and irl event means I can’t post it in time, and frankly don’t want to rush it.

Well i’ll Try to do quicker next time, some good submissions for this contest!

That does look like an interesting scenario, but I understand not wanting to rush it. About 24 hours left for anyone who intends to enter this round!

I have a question for 210: does the split need to involve two rival governments, like it has been the case with Germany or Vietnam, or can it be based on other factors, like the Velvet Divorce of Czechia and Slovakia?