Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

You Pan Handle It!

Make a map of a nation with a panhandle

All That is Divided Must Be United!

Make a map of a nation (not based on ASB or Future History) where a historical (or made up) pan-nationalist movement is successful

Tell Me, Do You Bleed?

Make a map of a nation that has been humiliated, conquered, oppressed, and/or partitioned by its former victims

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Make a map of a nation that has been sent straight to hell with an outrageously insane government

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

Make a map of a nation that has gotten payback against a nation(s) for wrongdoing

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

You Pan Handle It!

Make a map of a nation with a panhandle

All That is Divided Must Be United!

Make a map of a nation (not based on ASB or Future History) where a historical (or made up) pan-nationalist movement is successful

Tell Me, Do You Bleed?

Make a map of a nation that has been humiliated, conquered, oppressed, and/or partitioned by its former victims

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Make a map of a nation that has been sent straight to hell with an outrageously insane government

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

Make a map of a nation that has gotten payback against a nation(s) for wrongdoing
1 and 2 sound the best

Does this include ASB/wank? And does the basemap have to be original?

Yes, there is no restriction on the plausibility of maps entered in this contest.

You are not required to create a basemap yourself (the classic World-a and its descendants are fine, for example) but your entry should be recognizably your own work.

Take Me Out: Create a map of a world where a failed assassination attempt was a success.
I Miss You: Create a map of a world where a successful assassination attempt failed instead.

Yeah, two sides of the same coin, I guess. Both are song titles, the former being (of course) Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, while the latter being I Miss You by AJJ (more obscure, but it references the failed assassination of Ronald Reagan, hence why I named it after the song)

Take Me Out: Create a map of a world where a failed assassination attempt was a success.
I Miss You: Create a map of a world where a successful assassination attempt failed instead.

Yeah, two sides of the same coin, I guess. Both are song titles, the former being (of course) Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, while the latter being I Miss You by AJJ (more obscure, but it references the failed assassination of Ronald Reagan, hence why I named it after the song)
For some reason I absolutely love this idea! (Although there was a MoTF where the assassination of the Archduke fails as a theme)

Are you allowed to submit maps that you've published before?

Nope, it must be new (or at least one that you haven't published before, nobody is going to check if you have been working on a similar, unpublished, map and it happened to fit the contest)

Also, wew, 3 entries in a bit more than a day, impressive.

View attachment 483606
The scenario is that: Joseph Brant unites the Haudenausaunee, and then convinces the other tribes of the northeast to join the League as equal members, to fight against both the Americans and the British.
The league of Amerindia combines western military strategy and the Haudenausaunee concept of democracy. In 1801, the member states agreed to internal borders, and in the same year were offically recognized by the United States and Great Britain.
Calling it "Amerindia" is supremely unlikely considering "Amerindian" was a scholarly term invented in the 20th century. "League of the American Indian," "League of the Red Men," or even simply "The Indian League" would be much more likely.

Calling it "Amerindia" is supremely unlikely considering "Amerindian" was a scholarly term invented in the 20th century. "League of the American Indian," "League of the Red Men," or even simply "The Indian League" would be much more likely.
I would say that that's not what anybody who actually lives there calls it, but either the British or the Americans made it up.
*also I just didn't think of any of those names

KapiTod

Banned
Pretty loosely, I guess? Something like OTL Yugoslavia would qualify, even though it later fell apart. What sort of edge-case did you have in mind?
I guess the loosest "success" would be some form of recognition. My current idea is a bit esoteric, since it is an "alternate" pan-nationalist movement, so even some form of academic or political recognition would be a success to these people.

I guess the loosest "success" would be some form of recognition. My current idea is a bit esoteric, since it is an "alternate" pan-nationalist movement, so even some form of academic or political recognition would be a success to these people.

Sure, if you can make a map of it, it will qualify.