Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Is there any chance of an extension on this one?

well there needs to be at least 3 maps, or there will be an extension. there is currently one, so there needs to be 2 other posted within the next ~40 hours

Personally i have a WIP map but no way i can finish it by monday, if i'm sure there won't be an extension i could cram another smaller map idea i had tho. Although, well, there's no way to be sure until like the last hour of the contest lol.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of an extension on this one?

well there needs to be at least 3 maps, or there will be an extension. there is currently one, so there needs to be 2 other posted within the next ~40 hours

Personally i have a WIP map but no way i can finish it by monday, if i'm sure there won't be an extension i could cram another smaller map idea i had tho. Although, well, there's no way to be sure until like the last hour of the contest lol.

Yes, with only one entry so far, let's go ahead and officially extend this one. MotF 200: The Bicentennial will now run until Sunday, July 28th.

IcyCaspian

Banned
What time will the voting be posted, as I want to see if I could potentially make a map in the limited time I have left. I realized at the last minute that I had a good PoD for my timeline to end up in 2019 after 2 centuries.

What time will the voting be posted, as I want to see if I could potentially make a map in the limited time I have left. I realized at the last minute that I had a good PoD for my timeline to end up in 2019 after 2 centuries.

I plan to close entries and post the voting thread in about eight hours. If you get an entry started today and think you are close to finishing within that time frame, message me and I can hold off until you post.

Well I just finished mine but its 26 minutes late, oh well.

:( Sorry about that - I didn't see any message from you, and you didn't show as being online when I came to do the threads.

I'm thinking of doing a new Sarasaland capital (daisy's birthplace in super mario) but as it has no capital in the canon, does it count ? @Kaiphranos

@Dr. Nodelescu's original version of the challenge seems to emphasize the relocation element, so I think there needs to have been an existing capital of some sort. But I know nothing about Super Mario lore, so I won't notice if you sneak one in. ;)

Just to be sure, does the permanent part of the relocation prevents wartime capital change? Does it also apply if the map is from a perspective during that war (where the outcome isn’t known so the relocation can be permanent or not)?

Just to be sure, does the permanent part of the relocation prevents wartime capital change? Does it also apply if the map is from a perspective during that war (where the outcome isn’t known so the relocation can be permanent or not)?

I'm going to say that the key is that the change must be *intended* to be permanent, whether it actually ends up being so or not.

I'm going to say that the key is that the change must be *intended* to be permanent, whether it actually ends up being so or not.

Or perhaps alternately, it wasn't intended to be permanent, but it ended up being permanent anyway.

Like Bonn in the 20th century.

Almost. It came so close to being permanent.