Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Just to be clear, the succession crisis doesn't necessarily have to happen over a monarch title, it can happen as a crisis after the death of a dictator, an autocrat right?

Can it be used to show political crisis after some democratically elected leader that held its position for a long time dies/is defeated/retires?

Yes, I would accept either of those.

Last edited:
Do I get bonus points if it includes both a succession *and* a secession crises? Perhaps while in the midst of a recession?

I hate myself for forgetting to actually make the map that I had wanted to enter for 192.

Guys, do you have any good pic hosting site, because the website doesn't accept my picture and I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't post it or I'd have to shrink it.
Imgbox.

to posit another few contest ideas, how about:

A Phoenix from the Ashes: Depict a country that has recently regained Independence after a long period of foreign subjugation

Reunited at Last: Depict a territory that had long ago been lost by a country but has recently been reunited with it

Here's another suggestion of contest ^^

New Dawn, New Deal, New Day :
Depict a country or territory that has gone through massive changes (political, economical, or other) in a short amount of time.

Just to be sure : does the country need to be formally annexed ? Or is it possible to have the subjugated country be just crushed by another force ?

Just to be sure : does the country need to be formally annexed ? Or is it possible to have the subjugated country be just crushed by another force ?

Doesn't need to be annexed, per se, but it would need to be under a significant level of control for an extended period.