Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I have a question for 210: does the split need to involve two rival governments, like it has been the case with Germany or Vietnam, or can it be based on other factors, like the Velvet Divorce of Czechia and Slovakia?

I have a question for 210: does the split need to involve two rival governments, like it has been the case with Germany or Vietnam, or can it be based on other factors, like the Velvet Divorce of Czechia and Slovakia?
The split can certainly be amicable - Czechoslovakia was one of the examples I had in mind.

Also, since someone else asked: the subject of the map should be two countries - if more than two are shown, it should be clear which two are the focus.

I haven't done an MOTF in a while: have a possible idea, but is it OK if the split is official but they haven't established the new border yet and are still busy negotiating the details?

I haven't done an MOTF in a while: have a possible idea, but is it OK if the split is official but they haven't established the new border yet and are still busy negotiating the details?
Sure, a map showing multiple proposed borders, or disputed areas would be fine.

Proposal: 21st century Muslim superpower with after 1492 POD, but not the Ottomans and Mughals or direct successors of the same.

Proposals:
Ententes Cordiale: show a particularly cumbersome, complicated and downright self-contradictory set of alliance systems, some of which may be secret.
The Third and Final Rome: show a world in which Russia, although not in any serious danger of being conquered in the near-term, is the last independent Christian nation on Earth. (This, of course, can be done in a number of different ways).
The Great Powers: with PODs after the fall of Rome in the west, create a Europe whose "great powers" correspond as little as possible to the OTL major European nations.
Happy Shiny Tsalal: create an at least partially habitable Antarctica whose human inhabitants have it pretty good and nobody's face is being sewed onto anyone's groin.

The Third and Final Rome: show a world in which Russia, although not in any serious danger of being conquered in the near-term, is the last independent Christian nation on Earth. (This, of course, can be done in a number of different ways).
I'd suggest expanding it to a theme of last nation standing of any particular religion.

@Osk
I absolutly adore your TL and love your map, but I think i should warn you that there is a rule - or at least was - that a map posted on a MOTF has to have been made after the start of the round, or at least, that it cannot have been shared on the public server/internet before the start of the round.

I'm not sure how this rule stands now, since i haven't heard about if for several months, but it's generally considered good sport not to post old maps and create a maps for the contest - which is a creative one before all, since you posted your map before on your TL i'm not sure if it's going to be accepted

@Kaiphranos should know better than I

@Osk
I absolutly adore your TL and love your map, but I think i should warn you that there is a rule - or at least was - that a map posted on a MOTF has to have been made after the start of the round, or at least, that it cannot have been shared on the public server/internet before the start of the round.

I'm not sure how this rule stands now, since i haven't heard about if for several months, but it's generally considered good sport not to post old maps and create a maps for the contest - which is a creative one before all, since you posted your map before on your TL i'm not sure if it's going to be accepted

@Kaiphranos should know better than I
Thanks for letting me know. I rescind my submission.

I Am Error: Make a map depicting a nation or border anomaly created by mistake (e.g. Minnesota's Northwest Angle).
It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Make a map depicting a nation or region who has managed to prosper/start winning thanks to foreign aid.
It's a Secret to Everyone: Make a map depicting the aftermath of the revealing to the public of a territorial change or treaty that has been kept secret for years.
Reviving my suggestion(s) for MOTF 211.