Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

@Osk
I absolutly adore your TL and love your map, but I think i should warn you that there is a rule - or at least was - that a map posted on a MOTF has to have been made after the start of the round, or at least, that it cannot have been shared on the public server/internet before the start of the round.

I'm not sure how this rule stands now, since i haven't heard about if for several months, but it's generally considered good sport not to post old maps and create a maps for the contest - which is a creative one before all, since you posted your map before on your TL i'm not sure if it's going to be accepted

@Kaiphranos should know better than I

@Osk
I absolutly adore your TL and love your map, but I think i should warn you that there is a rule - or at least was - that a map posted on a MOTF has to have been made after the start of the round, or at least, that it cannot have been shared on the public server/internet before the start of the round.

I'm not sure how this rule stands now, since i haven't heard about if for several months, but it's generally considered good sport not to post old maps and create a maps for the contest - which is a creative one before all, since you posted your map before on your TL i'm not sure if it's going to be accepted

@Kaiphranos should know better than I

Thanks for letting me know. I rescind my submission.

I Am Error: Make a map depicting a nation or border anomaly created by mistake (e.g. Minnesota's Northwest Angle).
It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Make a map depicting a nation or region who has managed to prosper/start winning thanks to foreign aid.
It's a Secret to Everyone: Make a map depicting the aftermath of the revealing to the public of a territorial change or treaty that has been kept secret for years.
Reviving my suggestion(s) for MOTF 211.

Congratulations to @XTrapnel for pulling out a very tight victory in MotF 209: Guns of the North with his reverse-1848 scenario, "Particularist Risings in the Cisalpine Republic (1847-8)"!

Also, new threads are up!
MotF 210: Split Down The Middle - Voting Thread
MotF 211: Last Man Kneeling - Entry Thread

Nice theme for the next contest

Does they religion have to be truly dead outside of that country, or can it be in a minority and rapidly and irremediably declining? Not extinct outside of the border but soon to be

Congratulations to @XTrapnel for pulling out a very tight victory in MotF 209: Guns of the North with his reverse-1848 scenario, "Particularist Risings in the Cisalpine Republic (1847-8)"!

Also, new threads are up!
MotF 210: Split Down The Middle - Voting Thread
MotF 211: Last Man Kneeling - Entry Thread
This is my first contest and what do I have to do to enter? Only publish my card with the description in the dedicated thread? Also the religion has to be based on a true religion or can we take elements/characters from past societies that are divinized in time?

This is my first contest and what do I have to do to enter? Only publish my card with the description in the dedicated thread? Also the religion has to be based on a true religion or can we take elements/characters from past societies that are divinized in time?

Welcome! :) All you need to post is the map; you can include a description of you like, but it is not required. The religion can either be one that exists in our world, or you can make up one.

Just some quick reviving of an old suggestion
Devil in Disguise
Depict a warmongering, secretive, or otherwise violent nation presenting itself as benevolent or as the rightful heir to an older empire.

The Vast Expanse
Make a map depicting the largest country on earth

The Patchwork Nation
Depict a country with a large degree of ethnic heterogeneity

The Vast Expanse
Make a map depicting the largest country on earth

We did this one a great while back. My entry was a Colombia that went from NE Asia to West Antarctica and included everything in South America except a rump Brazil, and everything in North America west of the Rockies.

I think it had Colombian Angola and Colombian Mozambique, too.

But I'd be up for it again. But perhaps this instead...

Second Violin
Make a map depicting the second largest country on earth.