Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

@Kaiphranos How long do we have left? I have an entry that's nearly finished; I'm just unsure as to the exact deadline and would like to make sure I can get it in.

You have about 30 hours from the time of this post. If you think you will be cutting it close, you can message me and I can wait a few hours longer.

Congratulations to @Ernak for winning MotF 205, whose map of "The Greater Republic of Turan" features a truly epic panhandle! And well done to all the other entrants as well - it was a very tight contest! We could be in for another one this time, as new threads are now up:

MotF 206: Goodbye Lenin - Voting Thread
MotF 207: Come Hell For Hot Water - Entries Thread

(Note, the portfolio for MotF 207 has been expanded somewhat from the initial proposal to allow for some more flexibility in what kinds of ports are featured. It might be ice-free, it might be on a different coast, it might be the only outlet for an otherwise landlocked country... or it might be a non-traditional port such as a spaceport. However, the entry should be clear about what port is being featured and why it is important.)

Deleted member 107125

Bohemian Rhapsody
Depict an fictional Central or Eastern European nation (à la Ruritania, Syldavia, or Zubrowka) and its history.
Where Kings Die
Depict a nation in exile plotting to get back to the homeland after it is taken over by an unfriendly nation or a revolution
I want to break free
Depict the secession of a state from the USA (excluding real ones)
(Not) Shanghai Nights
A map focusing on a state that has a similar government to the Shanghai International Settlement’s treaty ports or the League of Nations mandates (mostly the first one).
I’m still rooting for these btw

Deleted member 107125

MotF 208: The Age Of Miracles Is Over

The Challenge

Make a map showing a country which survived longer than it did in OTL, but which now faces destruction.

The Restrictions

There are no restrictions on when the PoD of your map should be. Fantasy, sci-fi, and future maps are allowed.
If you're not sure whether your idea meets the criteria of this challenge, please feel free to PM me or comment in the main thread.
---

Entries will end for this round when the voting thread is posted on Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019.
---

PLEASE KEEP ALL DISCUSSION ON THE CONTEST OR ITS ENTRIES TO THE MAIN THREAD.
Any discussion must take place in the main thread.
If you post anything other than a map entry (or a description accompanying a map entry) in this thread then you will be asked to delete the post.

Remember to vote on MotF 207!
Wait....if it survived longer than OTL, how come fantasy maps are allowed.

You've got a couple of weeks to figure something out - maybe there's another way to get an image file of it?

Not really, and it honestly isn't very creative beyond the form, so making it with Gimp would be of no interest ... and I wouldn't want to ruin the physical form to get a good scan ...

Not really, and it honestly isn't very creative beyond the form, so making it with Gimp would be of no interest ... and I wouldn't want to ruin the physical form to get a good scan ...

An idea could be to put it on a decent setting and have a "photo of an exhibition from an ATL" kind of thing. It would certainly be very creative. We can always use more diversity on these things