Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I have one done, my first one in absolutely ages... it's just i'm unsure whether to post it due to a combination of rust, style i've never done before, and the usual "oh gods what if it sucks comparatively" mentality.

Go for it! No better way to shake off the rust or try something a little different. And folks around here tend to be pretty positive with feedback. : )

We didn't want you anyways - make a map where a country doesn't join an international organization [NATO, League of Nations, European Union, etc]

Earlier this week, I was thinking this round might need to be extended, but we've had several top-notch entries in the past day or two! That being the case, here are a few topics I'm considering for the next round:
  • We Didn't Want You Anyway - Make a map showing a country that is not a member of a particular international organization
  • A Wizard Did It - Make a map from a version of Earth where magic exists.
  • The Lotus Eaters - Make a map of a place that is regarded by its inhabitants as a utopia.
If any of these appeals to you, let me know!

I'm working on a map. Can we end the contest Monday morning North America time?

Yeah, nevermind on the waiting for me. Adobe is making me reinstall Photoshop and it's being a pain in the ass. I'm not going to have time tonight to finish this, so hit the GO button whenever you want.

I have two ideas:
  1. Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down: Make a map of the world that has gone straight to hell with civil wars, conflicts between nations, genocide, ethnic cleansing, and revolutions across every part of the world are happening all at once.
  2. I Have Become Death, The Destroyer of Worlds: Show a map of a nation that is armed with nuclear weapons and/or other WMDs.

Last edited:
Congratulations to @procrastinating2much for winning MotF 182 with their map, "Europe 30 years after the failed attempt on Franz Ferdinand's life"! And a thank you to all who entered, especially the first-timers!

Moving on to MotF 183, it looks like no one has put in an entry as of yet. Does anyone have one in progress? If not, I will probably go ahead and extend the round by a week.

1. Backstabber: Make a map of where one state betrayed another, closely allied, state
2. United in Diversity: Make a map that shows Europe mostly united. This can be a union similar to the EU, or one nation owning most of Europe, etc.