Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Starting after the next contest is over, @Kaiphranos will be the next runner of the MotF contest. Hopefully he won't choose to make a new thread. :p

Here are the new ~~Christmassy~~ threads, and the last threads of my tenure!

MotF 170: To Shining Sea - Voting Thread
MotM 5: World on Your Shoulders - Entries Thread

I know the MotM may seem like a challenge, but I hope some people choose to try their hand at it!

@Upvoteanthology, thanks for all your hard work running this challenge for so long. You've really done a lot to make the board a better community.

No! I am! It's just taken me a while to decide but I've already made good progress. I dunno if anyone else is, but that's fine by me because I'd get an automatic victory :p.

Just a reminder, please refrain from discussion in the entries thread! That's part of why this thread exists. :)

Still about two weeks remaining for anyone working on an entry for MotM 5: World on Your Shoulders!

Isaac Beach

Banned
Just a reminder, please refrain from discussion in the entries thread! That's part of why this thread exists. :)

Still about two weeks remaining for anyone working on an entry for MotM 5: World on Your Shoulders!

My bad, I'll delete the offending post.

But to reiterate here instead, yes, I am making a map for the MotM contest.

Less than a week left for MotM 5, and so far it doesn't look like there are any entries. I know HowAboutThisForAName is working on one; is there anyone else currently in the process of creating an entry who would benefit from a possible extension?

Less than a week left for MotM 5, and so far it doesn't look like there are any entries. I know HowAboutThisForAName is working on one; is there anyone else currently in the process of creating an entry who would benefit from a possible extension?

It just seems like so much effort. I like MotF because I can take a break for my current TL to make it, or do it on the side. MotM 5 would require my full time. I mean, if we need another entry, I could scrap some garbage together that will get no votes.

Just a clarifying question, sorry; does this contest require multiple maps, or just one map with an encyclopedia-style writeup?

Just a clarifying question, sorry; does this contest require multiple maps, or just one map with an encyclopedia-style writeup?

Upvoteanthology's description was "a few formatted pages [...] with relevant pictures, graphics, and (of course) maps." That would imply more than one map.

I have a few maps that I can press into service if there aren't any other alternatives.

As long as your entry contains substantial new material, I don't see an issue with incorporating previous works in this case.

Couple questions.
Since Upvote left, are we switching to MotM from MotF?
If so, are all the MotMs going to be as large scale as this?
Or are both going to still be going on, with one on a larger scale?

Sorry for the questions, I am a little out of the loop.

I am working on an entry but it will probably pale in comparison to everyone else's entries. Trying to get as much as possible. If i end up unable to make the deadline ill just post to the map thread.