Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Last edited:
I'm encouraged by the recent participation in MotF - there have been lots of options for the past few challenges. If you have any spicy, fresh, new, hot ideas for contest themes, drop them in this thread! I've been picking some off of the old list, but I would like to incorporate your new ideas as well.

Question on Four Corners.
Is the point shared geographical or can it be metaphorical ?
And must it be shared simultaneously or can it be in succession ? (like having "X, the Crossroads of Empires")

I guess that depends on what you mean by metaphorical. I was thinking geographic, but I'm open to hearing more about your thoughts.
Temporally, I'll say that yes, the four corners need to be at the same time.

I guess that depends on what you mean by metaphorical. I was thinking geographic, but I'm open to hearing more about your thoughts.
Temporally, I'll say that yes, the four corners need to be at the same time.
"Four entities that share, or almost share, a common point" could incredibly easily be interpreted as, say, four completely takes on a religion that share one key dogma, for example.
Or four mega-corps based around the same resource but that exploit it in different ways.

While I admire the creative thinking, I think I'm going to stick with geographic points. Think the four corners of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, or the almost intersection of Russia, Mongolia, China, and Kazakhstan. Your Four Corners should be visible on a map of the physical world.