Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I have some ideas for both 264 and 263 but I am not sure.

263 I feel might be too restrictive with it's "OTL 2016" rule.
As for 264, the issue is I already did some indexes for stuff I did so need to find a new proper idea for it.

I have some ideas for both 264 and 263 but I am not sure.

263 I feel might be too restrictive with it's "OTL 2016" rule.
As for 264, the issue is I already did some indexes for stuff I did so need to find a new proper idea for it.
That's totally fair. In the absence of any submissions so far I'll relax the rule and extend 263.

Hello all! I am starting a period in my life where I will travelling a lot, often with limited internet access. If anyone is interested in taking over the contest after Oct 10 please DM me or comment here. If no one is interested, I think I can still do so, but the posts will probably be a bit less regular than in the past.

I have begun work on something for MOTF 264, thought may not have much time to work on it until the weekend. (I kinda had a plan and had even begun for a short time for something on 263, but then Libaton posted and I gave up)

I never knew there was a mapping competition on the forums; I guess I could attempt one of the map challenges, although I'm not the best at mapping.

I have begun work on something for MOTF 264, thought may not have much time to work on it until the weekend. (I kinda had a plan and had even begun for a short time for something on 263, but then Libaton posted and I gave up)
I will have a post for 263. Though it will be a much inferior one to Libaton's
It's very flattering to read these but seriously, my map is not that great. Please post!

I am basically done with a map for 263. It's about a Hungary in a TWR-like world that has its autocratic dictatorship overthrown and replaced with a democracy after worsening stability. It's definitely not as good as more experienced people's maps, and definitely won't win, but it's decent for something that I've never really done before and a shot at it. I'll post it later to see what you guys think about it, and probably some changes I need to do.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Second Hungarian Republic.png
    Second Hungarian Republic.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
New threads:

Notes:
  • I didn't have a way of checking which contest had the most votes, so I picked one off the list. In the future, I'll check this thread for suggestions.
  • I missed that MotF 265 was already up. I'll keep MotF 266 up, at which point we will get back to one contest running at a time.

Last edited:
Good catch. MotF 265 will be open until 10/24, MotF 266 will be open until 11/7 (since it's already up). As I stated above, after MotF 265 is closed, we will only have one contest going at a time.