Map of the Fortnight 282: Homage

Homage

The Challenge

Pay homage to your favorite AlternateHistory.com mapmaker by covering an iconic map that they have created. Your map should not be a direct copy but should be able to exist in the same universe as your selected map.

Be sure to include a link to the map you are covering in your description and @ the creator.

The Restrictions
There are no restrictions on when your PoD or map may be set. Fantasy, sci-fi, and future maps are allowed, but blatantly implausible (ASB) maps are not.

If you're not sure whether your idea meets the criteria of this challenge, please feel free to PM me or comment in the main thread.

---

The entry period for this round will end when the voting thread is posted on Monday the 9th of October.

---

THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRIES ONLY.

Any discussion must take place in the main thread. If you post anything other than a map entry (or a description accompanying a map entry) in this thread then you will be asked to delete the post. If you refuse to delete the post, post something that is clearly disruptive or malicious, or post spam then you may be disqualified from entering in this round of MotF and you may be reported to the board's moderators.

Last edited:
The Frozen Continent: Europe in the world of Ictoria

@rexnerdorum

rG7xrby.jpg

I discovered AH about 8 years ago. The first timeline I read and the one I still use as a model today is Disaster at Leuthen by @Direwolf22.

For me, DaL remains one of the best alternative histories I've ever read, making excellent use of the butterfly effect, neglecting very few regions of the World and relying on numerous maps to illustrate its chapters.

That's why I didn't hesitate when I saw the title of the contest.

The timeline diverges from Frederick the Great's untimely death during the Seven Years' War, at the Battle of Leuthen. The Seven Years' War (in this universe lasting only four years) becomes a clear victory for France and Austria. Following these events and throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the world quickly became multipolar, with no single power able to supplant its adversaries once and for all.

My map is based on the 1899 DaL map, on the eve of the Great War. I've decided to focus on the Kingdom of France and its colonial empire.

1696852347-travail-final.jpg

The map is in French, but I'll translate it for you:

The Kingdom of France and its Overseas Possessions
-His Majesty Louis XIX, King of France by the Grace of God
-Lucien Blanc's Nile Valley expedition (1880)
-Royal Guard regiment taking the city of Tunis (1869)

Great God save the King!
Great God avenges the King!
Long live the King!
May he always be glorious

Victorious Louis
See his enemies
Always submissive

Thanks again Direwolf !

Last edited: