Map Link: http://imgur.com/BoOVtYi

Hi! I'm new here and not sure if this is where I post this, but I have this map I was going to use for an alternate history, but the map seems to not be current. I found out that this is a map from the 1990's and the following have not been updated. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help
complete these tasks for me please, thank you so much!

Corrections and additions to be made:

-Add missing lakes

-Add the historical lakes of Lake Mega chad, Lake Mega Fezzan, Chotts Megalake, and Ahnot-Moyer Megalake.

-Morocco: the map uses the old 1997 regions.

-Mali: the map merges Tombouctou and Kidal into a big Gao region. However Kidal separated in 1991.

-Japan: instead of using prefectures, it uses popular but unofficial regions. Also, Niigata prefecture is shown as part of Tōhoku rather than Chūbu - might be a variant but seems odd at least.

-China: Chongqing is missing, The coastline of Guangdong is wrong: the two islands of Macau were switched with another island and the main island of Hong Kong seems to be misshapen.

-Former USSR: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova and Armenia have no administrative divisions at all. Azerbaijan only has one instead of ten subdivisions: the exclave of Nakhichevan.

-Ireland: again uses traditional regions instead of official subdivisions

-Former Yugoslavia: the separate countries of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia all lack administrative divisions.

-Sakhalin: the coastline seems to need slight fixing

-Greenland: Provinces are wrong, it shows the three former counties instead of the four current municipalities and the Northeast Greenland National Park.

-Wisconsin: I have a feeling this is wrong, but at the same time I feel like it's right.

-Canada: Northern territory is still merged and not split into Northwest Territories and Nunavut.

-Serbia: Kosovo is not separated

-Saudi Arabia: Provinces seem wrong

-Sudan/Egypt: Hala'ib triangle is shown to be claimed by Egypt and is not separated to show it is owned by both.

-Africa: It looks like most of the provinces are wrong in almost every country, if they are not, please ignore this, I am only wanting first level divisions btw (Provinces, states, etc.)

-Extra: All across the map, there are parts where borders are thicker than they should be, it would be great if all lines were one pixel in width please.

-Please fix anything else that I may have missed and if I am wrong on anything mentioned above please do not do it.

Again, thank you to anyone who is able to help :^)

Last edited:
Here is a link to the Q-BAM map thread. Go to the end and look for the latest update. Should be about the size you're looking for, and modern.

In future, there is a thread explicitly labeled 'Maps/Flags Requests' in this very subforum–please do make use of it.

Here is a link to the Q-BAM map thread. Go to the end and look for the latest update. Should be about the size you're looking for, and modern.

In future, there is a thread explicitly labeled 'Maps/Flags Requests' in this very subforum–please do make use of it.
Thank you so much, Again, sorry if I screwed up, just discovered this website a couple days ago :p I will make note of that thread.