Map Help

Ok, so while I haven't had a lot of time to b here on AH recently, one project I have been working on is an 1806 basemap of South Asia.

Here is what I have so far. The only AHish difference is that the French factory towns are American since this is for Ameriwank. Other than that everything is OTL to that point.

Basically I just want to see if anyone with experience here or knowlege of something can either correct me, offer advice, or back me up. Map critiquing won't get you very far, I only have paint, I'm stuck with it, and this is the best I could do, especially with the not horizontal lettering. :p

Some Notes:
  • I have divided the British territories into client states, claims (the pink outline around the Maratha lands due to the puppet Peshwa's claims due to the 2nd Anglo-Maratha War), and other direct company lands. These lands being Bengal, Ceded and Conquered Provinces, Berar, Bombay, Surat, Orissa, Circars, Madras, and Malabar. Client states include the lands of the Maratha Peshwa, Mysore, Travancore, Oudh, the Nizam of Hyderabad, and a few minor ones whose name escapes me right now.
  • I tried to subdivide the Maratha Confederacy to show important families such as Scindia, Holkhar, and afew others but it became a mess so I scrapped it.
  • I believe the northwestern frontier is a bit of a mess, but information on that region is hard to find and maps are even scarcer. The Sikh Confederacy (about to be Empire) is right below Peshawar and the Durrani Afghans. Sindh and the Rajputs are roughly where they should be but I think there is a ton of improvement there.
  • Baluchistan has been roughly divided into some princely states large enough to warrant their own borders: Kalat, Kharan, Las Bela, and Makran. The western most blank Baluchistan state (bordering Persia) is a remant from the basemap (Qazaq's 1805 I believe) and I'm unsure to whom that land belongs.
  • The Gorkha's Empire is in exsistence stretching roughly from Garwhal to Sikkim as it should at this time. The reason its a Chinese vassal is because it was just defeat in 1803 I believe by the Chinese and was being forced to pay tribute. I'm still not certain about this whole mess though.
  • Finally Burma is something I am unsure of. My sources tell me they controlled Arakan, Assam, and Maipur at this time just before their 1st war with the Brits but I couldn't find a good map. Any suggestions.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

India 1805.PNG

Another edit to the map. After some research the best I could determine for Baluchistan was that is was alrgely a transitory area, mostly in flux and shifting depending on which empire was stronger at the time. The Mughals and Persians held control back and forth until the 1700's when it became shared by the Persians in the very west and largely a vassal of the Durrani around the 1770's.

In this version of the map I have Las Bela and the Khan of Kalat (the coastal state and large eastern state respectivley) shown as Durrani vassals (but not colored). In reality the Khan of Kalat was a collection of very minor vassal states itself, but they vary to much in the historical record to accurately be shown, so we'll have them be incorporated into the larger state that dominates them (Kalat-Durrani).

The only other change was that I took a large chunk of the nameless Baluchistan area and gave it to Persia. While it was most likely nominally independent, this region was so dominated by nearby Persia that it just makes sense to lump them together. While local rule was probably in the hands of small states and villages, Persia was so dominating in terms of influence that it would look like a peripheral Persian territory to any foriegner anyways.

I believe this now roughly (yet fairly accurately) is a good representation of Baluchistan-India-Burma-Nepal. The only place I'm still iffy is the Punjab, Sikh area, Rajputs, Khyber Pass region.​

India 1805.PNG