Map Continuation 3 - Map 6 - Jarnasia/Jarnassia (North America)

TheCrow__

Banned
oh now I see the veto well I said give me another name well can I take the parts of Cali you did'nt take and what could I make the name

Yes, definitely.

Alrighty, new Dine Assembly

1.png

I see that Geise Bay is still there, but has been shifted so that it encompasses Quebec north of the St. Lawrence. Does this mean it's been "de-vetoed" and moved?

If this is the case, I'd like to pose that it was once larger, encompassing the Hansa's claim to the entire bay (hence the name), and that this is something of a rump state.

I'd still like Anabaptist colonies at the interior, and I'd still like to explore the idea of a Hanseatic colony in northern North America. I think that the federal republic (or whatever it is) is still "part" of the Hanseatic League in a formal (and partially economic) sense, but politically it is completely independent.

Krall

Banned
I see that Geise Bay is still there, but has been shifted so that it encompasses Quebec north of the St. Lawrence. Does this mean it's been "de-vetoed" and moved?

Yes.

I'd still like Anabaptist colonies at the interior, and I'd still like to explore the idea of a Hanseatic colony in northern North America. I think that the federal republic (or whatever it is) is still "part" of the Hanseatic League in a formal (and partially economic) sense, but politically it is completely independent.

There's no Hanseatic League, it's North Germany. It's still possible for your nation to maintain such relations with North Germany, though.

There's no Hanseatic League, it's North Germany. It's still possible for your nation to maintain such relations with North Germany, though.

Are you sure? I'm reading the Europe thread and it's called "Hansa" repeatedly. I'm sure it's a modern descendant and not the literal League.

Krall

Banned
I am the Republic of Nuova Napoli, a former italian colony in Jarnaxia.

Vetoed, inconsistent with established colonial history.

Are you sure? I'm reading the Europe thread and it's called "Hansa" repeatedly. I'm sure it's a modern descendant and not the literal League.

Well, look at it this way, if it was called the Hanseatic League then I'd veto it, and I think I almost (or actually) did at the time.

If this is the case, I'd like to pose that it was once larger, encompassing the Hansa's claim to the entire bay (hence the name), and that this is something of a rump state.

The green state in the Lakes region is Seestaat, another former German colony, so Germany probably, in the past, controlled pretty much all of this region, but it was divided in two during the independence war.

(In yellow) Santo Valentino. Discovered by the same travellers who colonized Santa Martina.

[quick idea - may have to be taken up with Krall]. The land between the two countries was consolidated to Portugal during a brief war between the two states. Eventually Santo Valentino split from Santa Martina due to nationalist movements taking place regularly.

Or I'll have both of them the same country. I'll leave it up to Krall to decide what he prefers.

santovalentinore2.png

Krall

Banned
then what can it be?

Well, let's see, there's a Portuguese colony to the south... hmm... nope. I'm drawing a blank. I've no idea what language would be dominant in that area.

i edited the post.

"Calironia"?

(In yellow) Santo Valentino. Discovered by the same travellers who colonized Santa Martina.

[quick idea - may have to be taken up with Krall]. The land between the two countries was consolidated to Portugal during a brief war between the two states. Eventually Santo Valentino split from Santa Martina due to nationalist movements taking place regularly.

Or I'll have both of them the same country. I'll leave it up to Krall to decide what he prefers.

That's all fine. I'd prefer it if you didn't have them as one country, but I won't veto it.

Well, let's see, there's a Portuguese colony to the south... hmm... nope. I'm drawing a blank. I've no idea what language would be dominant in that area.

"Calironia"?

That's all fine. I'd prefer it if you didn't have them as one country, but I won't veto it.
it can be called Occidentia, and could have been formed by portugese moving north.

Last claim: the Nahua Republic. A former Portuguese colony, a coup has just overthrown the weak, conservative, pro-Portuguese monarchy and installed a new republic. Before the coup, it was known as Terramexica Grande, and its capital was at the colonial capital of Ciudade Rica. Now the capital has been moved to Texcoco.

Is okay?

The Republica do Rio São Gregório

Literal translation: Republic of the St. Gregory River

Geographical translation: Republic of the Río Grande

I didn't claim the northern plains because, in my estimation, a country stretching like that would be a bit implausible.

And the border is completely arbitrary. I don't know how I could plot one that makes sense geographically.

republicadoriosaogregorio.png

Last edited: