Map Continuation 3 - Map 3 - Australia

Krall

Banned
This is the map for Australia.

Me and Nicksplace27 [who owns Hyderabad] have worked out a bit of history between Portugal and Hyderabad, which means that Hyderabad would get Sumatra, so I'll claim it for him before anyone else can.

I'd like to set out a rule for this map: the island of Australia may only consist of one or two nations, having more is ridiculous.

Also, people should note the Hawai'i insert in the top right corner of the map.

Australia.png

Krall

Banned
I claim the Kingdom of Brunei

Cool. Is Brunei primarily Muslim ITTL? If so, I'd suggest a name change to "the Sultanate of Brunei".

Kingdom of Australia

I'm assuming that's some sort of post-colonial federation or dominion of a European power?

I'd appreciate you choosing a name other than "Australia", too, though I don't mind you keeping the name.

Cool. Is Brunei primarily Muslim ITTL? If so, I'd suggest a name change to "the Sultanate of Brunei".

I'm assuming that's some sort of post-colonial federation or dominion of a European power?

I'd appreciate you choosing a name other than "Australia", too, though I don't mind you keeping the name.

Malik(king) is a greater title than sultan, thus as in this TL Brunei has a larger territory than in OTL, i foundt it fitting that it should have a king, because if the small islands of Bahrain can have one, than Brunei can have one also.

VT45

Banned
Gaelic East Indies.

EDIT: Damn, I missed the Brunei claim. Zajir, can we work something out here? Either making Brunei propped up against other people on Borneo by the Gaelic Empire, or give some of eastern Brunei to me in order to have a land corridor to southern Borneo?

Untitled.png

Krall

Banned
Does this work,the Sultanate of Brunei as a Gaelic puppet?

Note that by making it a puppet of another nation you relinquish all control over your nation.

Malik(king) is a greater title than sultan, thus as in this TL Brunei has a larger territory than in OTL, i foundt it fitting that it should have a king, because if the small islands of Bahrain can have one, than Brunei can have one also.

Hmm, Wikipedia says that Sultan is the next title under Caliph. Although, it's entirely likely that the terms "Malik" and "Sultan" could have evolved differently ITTL.

How about "Malikate"? I think it sounds cool.

Note that by making it a puppet of another nation you relinquish all control over your nation.

Hmm, Wikipedia says that Sultan is the next title under Caliph. Although, it's entirely likely that the terms "Malik" and "Sultan" could have evolved differently ITTL.

How about "Malikate"? I think it sounds cool.

I know that and have no problem with that, let have him my nation.

Yes that is good.

Krall

Banned
Portuguese Colony of Malainesia.

It should be noted that there are a lot more Pacific islands to the north and east of Australia that are not shown on the map.

Australia.png

The Republic of The Society Islands, an ex-colony (not sure of who right now, Navarre seems like a good choice considering it seems it's going to have lost American colonies?) that revolted and turns out was just unprofitable enough for no one to really want to bother reclaiming it. Now it's entire economy is based around luxury beach vacations (which aren't that prominent yet), attracting anthropologists and re coaling in transit ships.

It includes the OTL Samoa, American Samoa, The Cook Islands, Society Islands and Tahiti. Only Samoa is shown due to the rest being tiny islands in the pacific that aren't on the map.

societaincludes.png

iladesocieta.png

Monterosso and Santa Cecilia, colonies of the SPIOR(Societá Padani della Indie Orientali), aka the(north) Italian Oriental Colonies.

oceania_mc3.png

Last edited:
Italian colonies, from the Venice-Genoa-Milan united colonial thing.

And I left some islands for another colonial power that eventually didn't have time for posting.

EDIT:I will correct the name in the post above.

Deleted member 4898

Is it fair that somebody gets to claim Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea?

I claim the Principality of Alor and Wetar. And yes, the Kingdom of Australia is far too big.

Last edited: